New trend.

DeerCamp

Posting a picture of a Doe or smaller buck, while explaining to anyone who may see it why you shot the deer.

"Cull buck" Bullshit

"didn't see the spikes" Understandable

"Doe to buck ratio was off" (seen this this today) Bullshit

" Would have never shot this small buck but friend wanted one to eat." (seen yesterday) Bullshit

"Shot the wrong one" (Seen yesterday) Bullshit

"Its not the biggest but"..... Bullshit, Stop Explaining

" wouldn't have shot this one, but only had one day to hunt" Bullshit

Most these pics are young hunters/ juvi hunters smiling ear to ear. Sad they feel like they need an excuse to shoot a Doe or 6pt. Because the keyboard warriors will crap on them for not having a 180" ten point.

Gravey

I almost shot this 8-pt yesterday morning but didn't want to get made fun of. 😬😝🤣

In all seriousness I could care less what anyone shoots and don't care if they don't agree with what I shoot. It is what it is. Just go out and have fun!
IMG_5181.jpegIMG_5182.jpeg

MidTennFisher

I almost shot this 8-pt yesterday morning but didn't want to get made fun of. 😬😝🤣

In all seriousness I could care less what anyone shoots and don't care if they don't agree with what I shoot. It is what it is. Just go out and have fun!
View attachment 201859View attachment 201858
It's a good thing you consider the important things about hunting. Not enjoying the hunt and shooting what satisfies you, but what people on the internet think of what you killed!

Tenntrapper

I've got a couple wide 6 pts on cam so far. Likely 2.5 yr olds. Unless something bigger shows itself first, the first one of them that gives me a shot is getting shot. Couple spikes and 3 pointers running around...I'll pass on those....but I have shot them in the past... 😂 I've even got a 4 pt euro on the wall...and I'm proud of it.

Gravey

It's a good thing you consider the important things about hunting. Not enjoying the hunt and shooting what satisfies you, but what people on the internet think of what you killed!
I think you misread my post or you're being sarcastic as I was. 😂 Regardless I enjoy being in the outdoors and will shoot what tickles my fancy when I want to. If my heart doesn't start racing then he walks. Lots of people would shoot the deer I let walk and that's ok as I'll shoot one that others let walk.

MidTennFisher

I think you misread my post or you're being sarcastic as I was. 😂 Regardless I enjoy being in the outdoors and will shoot what tickles my fancy when I want to. If my heart doesn't start racing then he walks. Lots of people would shoot the deer I let walk and that's ok as I'll shoot one that others let walk.
I was being very sarcastic!

killingtime 41

I know some of you can remember. And some of you are probably too young. But there was a time when any buck killed no matter of size. Was celebrated all across camp. 4 point would draw a crowd. And everyone congratulated you. And wanted to hear the story. Now they want to belittle and turn their noses up to such an event. I'm happy if you're happy. And I'm genuinely glad to see the happiness.

30-06 type of guy

Posting a picture of a Doe or smaller buck, while explaining to anyone who may see it why you shot the deer.

"Cull buck"

"didn't see the spikes"

"Doe to buck ratio was off" (seen this this today)

" Would have never shot this small buck but friend wanted one to eat." (seen yesterday)

"Shot the wrong one" (Seen yesterday)

"Its not the biggest but".....

" wouldn't have shot this one, but only had one day to hunt"

Most these pics are young hunters/ juvi hunters smiling ear to ear. Sad they feel like they need an excuse to shoot a Doe or 6pt. Because the keyboard warriors will crap on them for not having a 180" ten point.
🎯 guy on FB the other day told another dude he needed to cull the buck he posted so I asked him what a cull buck was. Just as I figured he didn't respond.

Whitetaillane8

I know some of you can remember. And some of you are probably too young. But there was a time when any buck killed no matter of size. Was celebrated all across camp. 4 point would draw a crowd. And everyone congratulated you. And wanted to hear the story. Now they want to belittle and turn their noses up to such an event. I'm happy if you're happy. And I'm genuinely glad to see the happiness.
I have been deer hunting for over 50 years and I can remember when even seeing a buck was celebrated. When you did finally kill a buck even if was a small spike people congratulated you. I've got a lot yearling antlers in my pile.

Snake

I have killed bucks that I had let pass earlier. First thing I'll say I'm a hunter first and foremost bigger racks get a second nod . Some reasons not excuses are some that was mentioned , needed one for landowner , someone wanted meat and I ain't seeing much . Dang it I ain't kilt one in a while and the itch had to be scratched so bash me ...
I ain't a whiney I can take it 🤣 as long as it ain't @Hduke86 ain't that right Dustin 😁

poorhunter

2-Step Enabled
I have zero regard for what nattering naabobs have to say about any deer I kill. It's all cool and all, that guys dedicate themselves to killing big deer only and I like seeing pictures or videos of them (so long as they don't act like a 16 year old girl getting asked to prom by the quarterback), but it's just not for me. I just kill deer and butcher them and eat them.

Boone25/06

When I started hunting only question and concerns were how many points. A small basket racked 2 year old 8 point was more desirable than a 4 year old 6 point it seemed to people. Never asked what the score was just points. Times have changed and I try to target the best racked mature deer I have in my area. I enjoy picking a certain buck out and hunting him despite size. Doesn't matter to me if someone else would shoot it or not. I enjoy the challenge of the hunt and getting what I'm after. When I started doing this it forced me to watch more deer and learn their behavior better by doing so. Everyone hunts for different reasons and all are good by me.

Ski

Pardon my ignorance if I missed it, but where are yall seeing this "trend"? The kill thread here is full of deer already, some small and some big, and the congrats are all the same. Folks on here are about the most genuinely supportive group I've ever seen on the internet.

Latest posts