new traps came in!!

D84

Just opened my box from f&t. I put together my own little starter kit. $200 later I went with 6 mb550 rc rubber jaw. 10 lbs of freedom brand oderless wax, Dakota line brown die, 18" wolf fang earth anchors, and wolf fang weld on tip. I still have to get my cookie cutter made, bait and lure but I can get it while I'm preparing traps. So what do you seasoned trappers think? What all did I screw up on what all am I lacking? I have all the stuff to make sets... I think

D84

I got the two coil. I was gonna get the turnbuckle style chain link connectors. But if those won't work I will need to get some j hooks

MR Yote

May wanna look at a way to pull them earth anchors unless you're just gonna cut em off. Maybe a sifter too, not an absolute necessary item tho. Good luck.

D84

I have a basket from a deep fryer that works great for a sifter it has higher sides than a sifter. I just figured I'd have to dig the anchors up

TN Song Dog

Those 2 coil are nice and plenty strong for coyotes. Use j hoooks, to get full swiveling ability at that side of the swivel. Then use your connector to the anchor.

I also have to dig anchors... Not fun in rocky or frozen ground, but a slender trenching shovel makes it easier. If you own the land and your set locations are good, maybe just leaving the anchors for next year.

MR Yote

You can make a pretty cheap & heavy duty earth anchor puller with minor welding skills. Just Google "homemade wolf fang puller". Trapperman.com is also a good site to find good designs. Ditto on the swivels. Good luck.

Latest posts