Marking Traps

Omega

How do you mark your traps? Looking in the regs, it says all you need is to put your TWRA number on it, so I am thinking of using either an aluminum military dog tag or a washer to mark my traps, and maybe imbed/hide them in/on my stands in a hidden location, just in case.

I got the idea for this from a crypto seed jig video I seen.
1714017368584.png

I got these to mark some trees I planted so I can remember what they are while they still look like sticks.
1714017466789.png

Trapper

Copper tags from a supply house . Make sure you secure them good . I normally put them on the base of the trap , just fold it around it and I also put another on the swivel at the end of the chain . I seen people attach them with hog rings but I wouldn't suggest that , I've seen too many come off when an animal gets caught and fights the trap .

Shanman

TWRA # …….TWRA officer is the only one that needs your info. We use to have to put our names on the traps and that got changed for the better, Joe Blow doesn't know who you are with just your TWRA #. You can actually get a cheap engraver at Harbor Freight and just engrave your # on the bottom plate (base plate). I personally use trap tags from MTP and small rings that come with them. Either attach and wrap tag around one link or take needle nose pliers and roll up real tight, after a good dye and wax they blend in and you would have to know what you are looking for to locate them. Most TWRA officers aren't familiar with trapping and wouldn't be able to find them, you are legal though. Your personal info on a trap can be a problem with non trappers/hunters.
2cents worth 😉

jman 125

I dont really care if anyone knows my name on my leagle traps on the farms that i have them set with plenty of buffer to where i ain't the one that needs questioning on an issue of who is in tbe wrong . I cant for the life of me understand why people are so worried about what other people think about you doing something totally legal. I know ive educated more than 1 person on the subject of trapping and now i jave access to their farms once they figure out that fido will be fine in my stuff and guess where they found out who i was My Tags on my traps ...

Latest posts