New to turkey hunting

Reemus Buckshot

I am new to turkey hunting. I have deer hunted all my life, but I am going to try my luck at a long bears this weekend. I really just need some general info. I would really appreciate if.

As far as my gun, I have a 12 ga benelli nova and some duck shot. Will duck shot be alright for turkey? Also I don't think I have a choke...will I need one even if we get the birds close?

A couple other things...am I legal to turkey hunt as long as I have my big game stamp and hunt, fish combo? One more thing, when shooting a turkey...are there any birds that are illegal other than hens? are there jakes that are too small or minimum requirements? I didn't see any on twra site. I know these are silly questions, but I am new and really would appreciate any help.

300 RUM

anything with a beard is legal, yes you need a choke and buy some 3 to 3 1/2 in number 5's. I use federal magnums. Have a great time and kill the first bird you see,with a beard of course. your license is okay.

REN

you aint going to want to use duck shot on turkeys. also #2 are illegal so be sure you dont have those.

you can get away with not having a choke other then a standard full but they will need to be close.

have fun man!