New to muzzleloaders

Rakkin6

At the end of deer season I am thinking about purchasing an inline muzzleloader. Looking for someone in the Clarksville vicinity that wouldn't mind helping me out has I know very little about them since I never owned one and my family never really used muzzleloaders.

BigWaveDave

Don't worry inlines are pretty easy. Just remember powder then bullet. If you use those pellets it's usually put two down the pipe, seat and ram the bullet down. Put the ramrod back. Open like a single shot shotgun and seat a primer in the back of the breach. When ready to fire chocolate chip cookie it, aim and squeeze the trigger nice boom lots of smoke. Theres a reason muzzle loaders are sometimes called smoke poles.

There are some things that help you stay straight about safety. Like once you get it loaded with powder and bullet leave your ramrod resting against the bullet and mark the ramrod at the end of the barrel. This way if you look at the mark every time you load you'll know if you forgot to put powder in first ( can't see the mark) or you loaded it with powder and bullet twice and now see the mark like 1.5" above the end of the barrel

BigWaveDave

Don't worry inlines are pretty easy. Just remember powder then bullet. If you use those pellets it's usually put two down the pipe, seat and ram the bullet down. Put the ramrod back. Open like a single shot shotgun and seat a primer in the back of the breach. When ready to fire **** it, aim and squeeze the trigger nice boom lots of smoke. Theres a reason muzzle loaders are sometimes called smoke poles.

There are some things that help you stay straight about safety. Like once you get it loaded with powder and bullet leave your ramrod resting against the bullet and mark the ramrod at the end of the barrel. This way if you look at the mark every time you load you'll know if you forgot to put powder in first ( can't see the mark) or you loaded it with powder and bullet twice and now see the mark like 1.5" above the end of the barrel
Shoot forgot to mention you gotta chocolate chip cookie it before touching it off.

wsm

BP is fun to hunt with and there are some good inlines out there ,I have a CVA ACCURA and use Blackhorn power with Barnes 250 grain bullets .This has been a good setup for me . Good luck and you will get good ideas here ,good people on here .

MUP

Maybe a little intimidating at first, but they're really fun and easy to shoot. I started out years ago with a Knight ML kit that came with everything I needed minus the propellant, which I started with pyrodex. I've used the same lead bullets that came in that kit(260 gr hollow point) till this day and they've killed every deer I've shot with them, and performed perfectly from the couple that I've been able to retrieve after the shot, perfect mushroom. I'm just trying to say that you don't have to make it complicated to be successful I guess. ;)

Latest posts