New snake boots

CROW74

In the market for new snake boots. Any suggestions on something that is light weight and cool and can honestly keep my feet dry. Even thinking of going with a full grain leather hiking boot with gaiters. Let me know what you guys are using or prefer.

Boll Weevil

I'm 4 years in with a pair of Chippewa snakeboots. Comfortable, 100% waterproof (so far), and the best snakeboot I've worn...and I've owned a bunch over the years.

woodsman04

I've had a bunch. My favorite where a cheap Cabela's brand about a decade or more ago. But they don't have them anymore. After four to five years they finally leaked water. I then had the cheap bass pro brand, leaked first day.

Upgraded to danner pronghorn snake boots, I think it was the pronghorn. Leaked first day. Used them anyways and just changed socks two to three times per day. Other than that, extremely comfortable.

Tried Irish setter vaper treks. extremely comfortable. Leaked first day. Still just changed socks a bunch.

Even treating them with the waterproof treatment didn't work. I even treated them before use.

Now I just wear lacrosse rubber boots if I'm hunting anywhere with heavy dew. Bring snake boots to change into in the late morning if I happen to go back to my truck. May try the lacrosse venom next.

I've heard good things about the Chippewas.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chief44

Most comfortable pair I've found are the bass pro side zip. The reviews are not good but my buddy and I have both had two pairs each over the years and they have been great. Only issue I've had is after awhile, they do leak a little but I spray them about twice a season with silicone spray and they are good. And they are on sale right now to.

https://www.basspro.com/shop/en/redhead ... ts-for-men

tree_ghost

PickettSFHunter":2tpy9idv said:
I can tell you not to get Danner Jackals.

I was thinking about picking up a pair of the Danner Vitals....

turkeyhunter

iris setters made by red wing best boot i had for a long time ,,,had mine almost 10 seasons ,,, and I put miles on them each hunt. Just ordered a new pair ,hope they are just as good as last pair. irish setter vaper trek.