New snake boots

Setterman

What are the black ones ? Ive seen some large apparently black ones unless my eyes are bad
Black rat snakes or Black Racers. Non-Venomous. You could also see Kingsnakes which have a yellow speckles of even bands. If you're from speedwell here's a picture a friend of mine took yesterday not 10 miles from there of a copperhead.

Around here there is no way I'd wander the woods right now without snake protection of some sorts, and also be very aware of where I stepped, put my hands, or sat down. In the Cumberlands the venomous snakes density is off the charts.

Attachments

• 0E4725B0-6019-4F7E-B3A0-B7558AF175B1.png
    0E4725B0-6019-4F7E-B3A0-B7558AF175B1.png
    663.9 KB · Views: 72

woodsman04

Black rat snakes or Black Racers. Non-Venomous. You could also see Kingsnakes which have a yellow speckles of even bands. If you're from speedwell here's a picture a friend of mine took yesterday not 10 miles from there of a copperhead.

Around here there is no way I'd wander the woods right now without snake protection of some sorts, and also be very aware of where I stepped, put my hands, or sat down. In the Cumberlands the venomous snakes density is off the charts.
Never seen a copperhead that color. All of them I've seen have been copper.

woodsman04

I've had too many snake boots with Goretex to know that they ain't waterproof. Irish Setter, Danner, Rocky, none of them worked for me.
They are very comfortable, and I'll wear them if I know it's dry.

It isn't the creeks that seem to get them either. It's the dew walking through a pasture in the morning.

Speedwell-Hunter

This is extremely helpful thank you because what I saw was pure black I don't think I have yet to see a copperhead up here but now I will be on the lookout and be very terrified

FLTENNHUNTER1

Stay away from rocky snake boots, I got one season out of mine before they started leaving my feet wet when walking through wet grass. I contacted rocky and they never got back with me. I have a pair of Cabela's pinnacle zipper up snake boots that have been great, but I don't know if they are still made, and doubt they would still be made to the same standards as when Cabela's was still Cabela's. I bought my wife a pair of Irish setter snake boots, she loves them, comfortable and dry. If I was in the market, Irish setter, Danner, and lacrosse would be the three I would most likely be looking at.
Loved my Pinnacle's. Pretty sure, like you said, they are no longer made.

Spurhunter

But evidently they are colored like this also:

View attachment 136374
Using the leaf size for reference, and the chartreuse tail I think that's a baby although it looks fat. I don't know. Either way the baby copperheads I've seen were all copper colored. But, I don't doubt they have different colorations. I hate 'em in any color.