New Reloader Equipment

eastTN270

Thought I'd update. I bought some equipment from a couple members. Lee single stage press, Lee primer, and Lee scale. I bought the Lee reloading manual and got it yesterday. I've got some bullets and brass. I plan on getting the Frankford wet tumbler and hand deprimer. Looking for recommendations on case prep tools.

MUP

The Lyman case prep station is some of the best $ I've spent for my bench.

41l8xt9CU4L._AC_SY1000_.jpg

Omega

I've been playing with my Annealeez, I got a few cases but the wheels started melting a bit so used some aluminum tape to shield them a bit, seems to work. Now, the wheel don't turn the cases well enough, tomorrow I'll use some brake cleaner to see if that cleans the wheel enough to make it more tacky. But the case looks good, anneal marks show they are getting annealed, I'd just feel better if they had a more consistent spin while doing it.

Vz1tyZr.jpg

Omega

I still use a deep well socket and drill motor to turn my cases by hand over a torch. How much was the annealeez if you don't mind my asking?
Currently $275, for the base unit, but they now have a different version which uses different propane fittings and holder, and no catch pan. I used a simular method as you, as well as the water pan method, and they work great but this is much faster if you have a bunch to go through, and I have thousands of cases I want to anneal, so I figured it would be a good investment.

Olevern

I have a number of presses in my reloading room, never saw the need for progressive, load mostly for accuracy and prefer single station press...I currently own 2 Rock chuckers, a Forster Co Ax, a Redding T-7 and a Redding 700 Ultramag. Out of them all, the Ultramag is my favorite and stands head and shoulders above the others. Rockchuckers are great presses for the money but you will curse the primer catch situation which catches maybe 70 percent of the spent primers and dumps the rest, along with all the dirt and debris from them, all over your bench. Redding 700 Ultramag drops the spent primers down the middle of the ram and into a collection tube, which you can cap with the included cap and periodically empty out, or simply, as I do, leave the bottom cap off and drape the flexible tube over the edge of a small trash container for disposal. Granted, the Ultramag is probably two times the price of the rockchucker, but I believe overall a more quality build and, a better choice, if for no other reason than the spent primer handling on the Rockchucker will haunt you for as long as you own the press.

Jus' my 2 cents worth.

Latest posts