New Here

Displaced_Vol

Hey Everybody

First post here, I am originally from TN but have lived in KY now for 20+ years. Hunt most everything but duck hunting is by far my favorite. Earlier in the spring I got my Native TN license which I think is a phenomenal bargain & am really glad Tn offers that.
Drew a Thorny Cypress Hunt on 12/31 so I am really looking forward to that. My very limited experience hunting in TN thus far has all been around east TN. If time allows I may try to check out some other areas this year. I'm only an hour or so away from the state line now in south central KY.

Anyway, interested & excited for the season. Really curious what all the flooding up north of us will mean for our bird numbers. Last year was pretty abysmal in my normal haunts so here's to hoping for a better 2019-2020.

Go Vols!

TNGunsmoke

2-Step Enabled
The last 2 seasons have been pretty bad, I'm hoping for a better one this year. Good luck to you and welcome to the site.

Dodge Man

My hope is the flooding north of us with amount to less food to stop the ducks. But I think we are going going to need some major cold weather and deep snow line down to KY to get us back to the number of ducks we use to see. My hopes are up for this year but I think like past season it will be slow until after Christmas.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Displaced_Vol

Dodge Man":2d82mvqi said:
My hope is the flooding north of us with amount to less food to stop the ducks. But I think we are going going to need some major cold weather and deep snow line down to KY to get us back to the number of ducks we use to see. My hopes are up for this year but I think like past season it will be slow until after Christmas.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What I am hoping too, but I know a lot of our western counties on the big river got it pretty bad this year too.
I've heard older hunters talk about how most years the freeze line would push down to or very near the Ohio River.
West KY used to be the spot for geese & I think that traditional weather pattern helped. It was before my time but to go out there now you don't hardly see big numbers of Canadas.

Time will tell.

Latest posts