New guy

Griff2694

Hi,
Family moved here to East TN a year ago and I joined them after I retired in May from LE. Now Im here coaching.
We are a hunting and fishing family. We were predominantly bird hunters including upland and waterfowl. I own Wirehaired Pointing Griffons for my birddogs.
I have done very little big game hunting but am looking forward to the upcoming deer season. Would also like to get out after bears and pigs if possible.. May try to find a lease for next year
We have fished for all sorts of different species in salt and freshwater but I am definitely no expert. My sons compete in bass tourneys but I enjoy catfishing and panfishing mostly so hoping to do more of that here.
I also love squirrel hunting but have only done sit and wait or spot and stalk never with dogs.
Tony

Rancocas

Welcome.
I'm 70 - 90 miles down the road from you in Cleveland, TN. (gotta add the TN because I don't want to get it confused with the Cleveland in OH)
Anyway, also retired from LE. Long time ago - 1999. Yeah, I'm old.
Up north I raised, trained, hunted with, and did some field trialing with English Springer Spaniels; the field bred strain, not the bench show dogs. I like the "flushing" breeds. Don't have a dog now mainly because bird hunting in East TN really sucks. Grouse have mainly disappeared from the mountains, and I haven't heard a quail in over 15 years in this part of TN. Waterfowl, squirrels, and big game are okay. (Springer spaniels are pretty good duck retrievers except when there is ice.) Turkey numbers seem to be down lately. Fishing can be pretty good at times.

Latest posts