New cams on the way

BSK

I just purchased two of the new Browning Defender Wireless Ridgeline Dual Cellular Trail Cameras, they should arrive today.
I hope Browning has improved their software for reviewing pictures on their server. I saw reviews from last year that said people liked the cameras but HATED the software.

Antler Daddy

I just purchased two of the new Browning Defender Wireless Ridgeline Dual Cellular Trail Cameras, they should arrive today. I have some PNY 64gb SD cards and a bunch of Energizer Lithium AAs in my cart at Amazon ready to pull the trigger. Looking forward to this new cellular technology, I have let many cameras die in the woods because I didn't have the time of energy to go retrieve the cards, swap batteries, etc. Only thing I am debating on now is getting the metal security boxes for them. I don't want them walking off!
Where did you actually find those in stock?

TheLBLman

I hope Browning has improved their software for reviewing pictures on their server. I saw reviews from last year that said people liked the cameras but HATED the software.
At least Browning provides a "server" from which one can view his pics from a computer. As to how the Browning server works, that aspect has seemed very simple to me, but each brand has some differences.

Some cell cams will only allow one to view pics from a smartphone or tablet. To me, this isn't good because I like to inventory my pics on a computer, as well as prefer seeing them on the larger screen of a laptop or desktop computer.

When I get alerts from Browning, I can instantly view those incoming pics EITHER on my smartphone or computer --- my choice. I may save some on both my phone and computer, but as to all I want to keep, they get inventoried on the computer.

BSK

Good to hear that Wes. I review I saw said it took 45 seconds to get a single image to appear on screen using the Browning software. That would be outrageously frustrating.

TheLBLman

review I saw said it took 45 seconds to get a single image to appear on screen using the Browning software.
That has NOT been my experience.
Typically, I'll "click", then receive a couple dozen new pics in a matter of maybe 5 seconds.

Often, internet user reviews are made by inexperienced users whose real problem may have nothing to do with what they're providing feedback. If someone experienced 45 seconds to see an image, I suspect their real issue was a slow internet connection.

BSK

Glad to hear those experiences weren't universal. I'm a big Browning fan. In fact, I've got two more of the HP4s on the way!

AM84

That has NOT been my experience.
Typically, I'll "click", then receive a couple dozen new pics in a matter of maybe 5 seconds.

Often, internet user reviews are made by inexperienced users whose real problem may have nothing to do with what they're providing feedback. If someone experienced 45 seconds to see an image, I suspect their real issue was a slow internet connection.
This has been my experience with my cams as well. I have one not getting good service so it's sending sporadically but the others are working great and pictures are ready to view immediately once I get the notification

Latest posts