New Bushnell 4K cameras

BSK

I see Bushnell has some new cameras on their website that are supposed to be out this summer. Currently, they only list two 4K No Glow cams, one a dual sensor, the other a single sensor. But they list the flash distance as 110 feet. That's a big claim for a true No Glow.

I've been looking at their Dual Sensor (actually, dual cameras, one for day and one for night) Low Glows from last year. Was planning on getting a couple to mount high, pointing down into plots so deer don't see the red glow flash. But last year's models are sold out. If Bushnell can pull off 110 feet of flash distance with a true No Glow, color me very intrigued. Even if they turn out to be Low Glow, I'm interested. Because they will be used over big food plots, what I need for these cams is maximum flash distance, not necessarily true No Glow (because I will be mounting them high, out of the deers' line-of-sight).

JCDEERMAN

I didn't know anything about "dual sensor cameras" until you mentioned it several months ago. I like that concept and hope this Bushnell camera lives up to its forecast. Keep us updated on the newest cameras out there, including this one - you are usually on top of this topic, being you do this for your profession.

BSK

Last year's Bushnell dual sensors were great. I've seen and heard much good things about the image quality.

I'm a huge fan of the new Browning dual sensor cameras. The night video is amazing for a No Glow camera. However, I'm a little disappointed in the night still images. Flash distance is not great. So I wanted to get the Bushnells for night still images over food plots and leave my Brownings for video locations, like scrapes.

BSK

Uh oh... Browning has a new no glow camera out as well. And the night images look great! Now I'm in a quandary...

And Trailcampro now has a new "night still image blur test." How very cool. I'm liking this new Browning camera.

TheLBLman

So I wanted to get the Bushnells for night still images over food plots and leave my Brownings for video locations, like scrapes.
Somewhat similar thinking here, except my Brownings are transitioning to mostly cell cam models.

I like the Bushnells better for large fields and when using in "field-scan", such as taking a non-triggered pic on a programmed schedule so as can see all across the field. I set my Bushnells on 30mp imagery, and a 32gb card is a must. I wish Bushnells would take a larger card (like the Brownings).

Yes, the Bushnell models do have a greater flash range than the Brownings, and looks like both Bushnell & Browning will be increasing that range with their new models.

Will be adding at least one of the new dual lens Bushnells this year.

TheLBLman

Other than for field-scan usage, I believe the Browning line has been the best overall value for me. But I do prefer the Bushnells for field-scan mode.

The particular application & timing is everything :)

JCDEERMAN

Other than for field-scan usage, I believe the Browning line has been the best overall value for me. But I do prefer the Bushnells for field-scan mode.
Field scan is the same thing as time-lapse, correct??? The Brownings have time-lapse. They both should take pics/video at the time period you tell it to, while also, take pics that are motion-activated.

TheLBLman

Field scan is the same thing as time-lapse, correct??? The Brownings have time-lapse.
Yes, both have this feature, but Bushnell's is far better, more advanced, and takes much higher resolution pictures, exactly when programmed, up to 24 hrs daily.

By contrast, the Browning time-lapse software does not allow for exact times utilization, rather, something like just the first & last couple hours of each day.
For many users, I'm sure this is just fine.

I'm sure some prefer Browning's time-lapse program, but I like Bushnell's much better for my purposes. I can also scroll thru 3,000 high-resolution Bushnell pics faster than I can 500 lower-resolution Browning time-lapse pics.

The Browning software makes you close, pause, reload, open, view between every morning & every afternoon for every day. By contrast, it's just one smooth operation to scroll thru a month's worth of Bushnell field-scan pics.

JCDEERMAN

Yes, both have this feature, but Bushnell's is far better, more advanced, and takes much higher resolution pictures, exactly when programmed, up to 24 hrs daily.

By contrast, the Browning time-lapse software does not allow for exact times utilization, rather, something like just the first & last couple hours of each day.
For many users, I'm sure this is just fine.

I'm sure some prefer Browning's time-lapse program, but I like Bushnell's much better for my purposes. I can also scroll thru 3,000 high-resolution Bushnell pics faster than I can 500 lower-resolution Browning time-lapse pics.

The Browning software makes you close, pause, reload, open, view between every morning & every afternoon for every day. By contrast, it's just one smooth operation to scroll thru a month's worth of Bushnell field-scan pics.
Gotcha - that's understandable. I have only used the time-lapse feature a handful of times (for the velvet hunts) using Brownings and Reconyx. I do have a Bushnell and will play with the field scan so I can compare/contrast. Thanks!

BSK

I always have better luck out of Brownings. I'm going to keep my eye on that Dark Ops Pro XD
I've got four of the Dark Ops Pro XDs and LOVE them! Video image clarity and resolution are amazing (day and night), as is the sound quality. Daytime stills also amazing. Their one shortfall is night still images. Not the greatest. I was going to buy more of the Patriot model, but after seeing their latest offering, I may change my mind on that.

BSK

Here's a pic from the Browning Dark Ops Pro XD (black flash). Caught this doe and fawn running full tilt. No blurring and exceptional clarity and color.

Attachments

• plots12.jpg
    plots12.jpg
    223.6 KB · Views: 84

BSK

The latest Bushnell advertising for their new Dual Lens 4K No Glow is now claiming 120 foot flash range. If they can pull that off, I'm buying!

megalomaniac

How do you guys afford to spend $200 per camera for multiple cameras?

And jeez, 4k video... thats gonna chew through a set of lithiums in 4 weeks.

I DO feel limited by running the cheap cameras on picture quality. But the trade off is I'm running 20 cameras scattered across 2 states.

And holy cow, the bang for your buck with the cheap cameras is light years ahead of what it used to be. My most recent purchase was an Apeman H55 for $37 delivered with tax and shipping from Amazon.. 20MP stills, 1080 video, 40 no glow LEDs, .3s trigger. AND a viewfinder to know what is in your field of view as you set the camera up. Pic quality is adequate, video is adequate (neither eye popping), and battery life is unreal.

TheLBLman

How do you guys afford to spend $200 per camera for multiple cameras?
I buy most mine some how, some way, on sale :)
That may mean waiting a year until a current model "appears" obsolete.

The bang for your buck with the cheap cameras is light years ahead of what it used to be.
This is pretty much the case at all price points now.

Latest posts