New Boat

SilverFox

The wife and I made the trip back to Bunch today to take the Trition down there on trade. Should be picking up the new boat tomorrow if nothing happens. Ended up going with a Lowe boat. I really liked the Tracker looks and was pretty close to getting one but decided to go with the all aluminum Lowe boat from Bunch. Can't say enough about my dealings with Curtis and Robbie down there. This makes my second purchase from them and so far they have made me happy both times. Those two guys are a big reason I bought a Lowe from Bunch Marine.

I ended up going with the 17HP model. I was leaning towards going with a little longer boat but I've had no trouble fishing out the 1756 I had so to save some money I stayed in the same range. This one is 17' 2" and 60" wide so it is just a little bigger. The livewells in are it another reason I bought Lowe. They are a lot bigger than the Tracker and in the summer months I think that will make a big difference.

So the low down on the boat is... 2011 Lowe 17HP Stinger. 90 HP Mercury Optimax with SS prop. Motorguide 75 lb 24 volt trolling motor. It's got the galvanized trailer which to me is a big plus. I have always prefered them over painted.

lowe.jpg

catman529

Lowe must make good boats because that one that I pulled out of the duck river 23 miles downstream from where it was lost was in good shape. I like your boat, very nice looking.

SilverFox

From everything I have read the make pretty good boats. I hope they do.

The wife wanted a fiberglass boat and we found some great deals on some new ones that were left over. I just couldn't fit any of them in my garage. The door is only 94" wide and there is no way I was gonna tear it out and put a bigger door in... an no way I was gonna park it outside. I like the aluminum boats myself. They last forever if you take care of them. This on has a pad like a bass boat and is suppose to be a little more "high performance" than your normal flat bottom aluminum boat. I guess I'll find out when the weather decides to clear up.

Kimberman

My buddy has a 2001 Lowe 180w with a 115 on it. I have fished out of a bunch of different aluminum boats, and that one is my favorite. The stinger version you got is about the same boat. I love how wide the front deck is on those boats.

catman529

SilverFox said:
From everything I have read the make pretty good boats. I hope they do.

The wife wanted a fiberglass boat and we found some great deals on some new ones that were left over. I just couldn't fit any of them in my garage. The door is only 94" wide and there is no way I was gonna tear it out and put a bigger door in... an no way I was gonna park it outside. I like the aluminum boats myself. They last forever if you take care of them. This on has a pad like a bass boat and is suppose to be a little more "high performance" than your normal flat bottom aluminum boat. I guess I'll find out when the weather decides to clear up.
Yeah it doesn't look much like a flat bottom. Looks like a nice bass boat but does have a little of that Lowe/jon boat look to it. And got a nice finish. If I put any kind of gloss on my boat, you would see all the dents and scratches. lol

TN Larry

Very nice boat, congrats! I love the high performance tin rigs. I had a 176 magnum Triton w/ 115 Johnson and now have a 197 magnum Triton w/ a 200 Optimax. They are definitely not your normal flat bottom boat. My handles extremely well and will run close to 70 wide open. You will like the gas mileage from the Opti as well.

AllOutdoors

Like I said SilverFox, nice looking boat. I hope you enjoy it. Now you need to get your hind end out this way and go fishing with me.

Latest posts