New Boat

TN Larry

SilverFox said:
From what I understand Lowe bought out Triton aluminum and this is a Lowe boat built on the Triton model.

I haven't heard that but know that Triton quit making the high performance models. It does look a lot like my 176 from the side view. Enjoy!

Winchester

Very nice, congrats! I too have a LOWE 195st and really like it! Mine is an 09 model with a 90 Optimax as well.

SilverFox

Winchester said:
Very nice, congrats! I too have a LOWE 195st and really like it! Mine is an 09 model with a 90 Optimax as well.

If I had bought the flat bottom that was the one I was probably gonna buy. They didn't have one for me to look at in person and I couldn't find one close so I bought this one.

I took the boat out today and this thing rides like a glass boat. Amazing is all I can say about the ride. I got maybe 1 1/2 hours on the break in on the motor today and probably a little over 10 miles. It's a lot better ride than what I was in... and it appears to be a lot faster. With the break in you're suppose to run between 3500-4000 RPM until you hit 5 hours... or 10 according to who you're listening to. You can open it up for no longer than 10 seconds. at 4000 I am running about 30 MPH and opening it up for about 10 seconds it's at 42-43 before you back out of it and still climbing slowly. I would guess it would hit 45 on some flat water. So far so good.

sango

You will really like this boat!

I have the '06 model Stinger 175 and it also has huge livewell capacity. It has two livewells, one in front and one in back. Both are 23 gallons and have factory installed minnow buckets in them with timed aeration.

I opted for the 4 stroke 75hp motor with top speed of 40mph. I normally don't go over 20mph.

SilverFox

This boat is different from the regular Stinger models. It is made like a bass boat on the bottom with a pad for it to ride on instead of flat bottom. It's pretty much the same on the inside I think except for the raised decks. The rear livewell is pretty big. The front one is more like a bait tank. It would hold some crappie or bream but not any big bass. I'll probably use it like a cooler and use the built in cooler for something else since the cooler is smaller than the livewell.

I've owned a Triton and a War Eagle aluminum before but both were flat bottom boats. This one rides like a glass boat. I took it on about a 30 mile ride yesterday on Douglas Lake and I have to say that so far I like it a lot. The only thing I'm not real happy with is the trolling motor. I have a 24 volt 75 lb Motorguide and it's just too much for this boat. Even on 1 it's a lot more than you need if you're just trying to position for a pitch or flip. On 5 it makes a wake behind the boat.

So far in 2 trips I have almost got the boat broken in on time. I've put probably 45-50 miles on it. The engine is still on double oil so top speed may increase a mile or two per hour... I've got it up to 44 by GPS so far on some what flat water. I've still got almost a 1/4 tank of fuel out of a 12 or 13 gallon tank. I'm not sure of the size. I put almost 13 gallons in it but it had a little in it from the dealer I think. The hose probably holds about a gallon. It may be a little bigger tank... I'll find out on next fill up I guess. I forgot to look before I filled it up the first time.

sango

Part of the reason I don't ride very fast in my Stinger 175 is that it rides like an aluminum boat. Riding in rough water is not very pleasant and you will get wet with the boat spray.

Latest posts