new boat finally

Headhunter

Got my g3 1756 sc with a 70 hp yamaha 4 stroke going. runs in the upper 30's top end and have not messed with props or anything so should get something over 40. It is close to as stable as most any fiberglass boat and is roomy. The trolling motor pushes it along at 3.5 mph, moving along pretty good.
I can't post a picture but will e-mail it to someone if they can post it.

KENBOB10

This is mine HeadHunter. You'll love it. Mine is the HP 200
Picture009.jpg

Headhunter

there was a time just a few years ago if you asked me about having an aluminum boat if I had a choice between that and a fiberglass boat and I would have said no way would I have an aluminum boat and now aluminum is about all I would have unless I hit the lottery or something like that. It is comfortable.

Headhunter

Well at the risk of bringing back "Tubs", I have heard that Buck Perry had 10 largemouth that weighed right at 100 lbs, he was said to have caught them in the mouth of Turkey Creek. I half believe it because the old man that told me about it was Mr. Oscar. I had a really good Friday and Saturday one spring fishing out of Mason's, I caught 4 fish that weighed over 6 lbs, the largest was a 6-12, a couple over 5 and many that were 3 to 5 lbs. The next weekend I came in and, Randy Ashworth ran Mason's then, he asked how I did and I had not caught anything to speak of and he pointed at an old man in a Procraft and he told me I bet Mr. Oscar has them. This old man did not move well, but when he started pulling fish out of his livewell, no doubt he could fish, they were all great bass, nothing under 4 and one over 7, him and his partner had about 13 bass and it was unbelievable. I met him, got to talk to him, he had caught many fish over 10 out of Kentucky lake, had the pictures, had many nice bass mounted in his trailer that was on the hill at Mason's.
Several guys that fished with me at the time got to meet him, see his trailer and his pictures, and they were amazed also. That old man could fish and he was really nice. He said "dog days" was the best time to catch bass other than topwater in October. I was stupid, he offered to take me out and show me some of his spot's and he died that winter I never got back down there that summer to go with him. that was about 15 years ago or so.

Mossyhorn, did not have a great year on stripers, i am topwater only and the flood hammered what I know when it was getting right.

Latest posts