Never saw what I considered a buck "fight" until now!

puppy

I have had many pics/videos and even seen a few sparring matches in person but had never seen what I considered a "fight". Looking at the time stamps this lasted several minutes, just wish I could get a better look at the racks so I could know the 2 bucks involved.

tellico4x4

Them boys are getting it on! Neat video for sure.

In 52 years of deer hunting I've witnessed one big buck fight & that was 3 years ago. I was in a lock on at a point between two hollows. All of a sudden they just materialized out of right hollow walking sideways at each other all bristled up. Both were 4-1/2+ with one being a 10 & the other an 8. They fought hard within 40 yards of me knocking down saplings and being on their knees at times. Necks would be so contorted that I just knew one was going to break. In a 2-3 minute knock down drag out fight, they paused for a few seconds just once. The 10 finally lost and the 8 walked back down into hollow. The 10 stood in front of me for several minutes with sides heaving & mouth open . I then saw the 8 on the next hillside pestering a doe that I had not seen. One of the coolest things I've ever seen in woods, made my season. I never picked up my rifle.

backyardtndeer

Cool trail can footage. Have seen some heavy sparring on several occasions and have heard a few intense fights. One of those fights was caught partially on one of my trail cameras, got still pics.

Last year saw a buck breed a doe, in 30 years of hunting that was a first for me.

puppy

I'd guess a tine or two got lost in that one!
I hadn't thought of that but several buck I have killed on this lease have had busted up racks just never saw the reason why :cool: Pics from 18' and 19'
9 pt b..jpg
IMG_20181206_084753381.jpg