Need recommendations on drop away rest

BIGORANGE

If I were going to go with a drop away rest I would probably go with a QAD or a Ripcord. I like the full containment offered by these two rests. I currently shoot a Whisker Biscuit and have had no problems with it. I like the Whisker Bicuit because it is extremely simple and does exactly what it is supposed to do. Probably one of the best hunting rests ever made IMO.
Hope this helps.. :cool:

Radar

I'm a big fan of whisker biscuits for hunting . They are easy to setup and contain the arrow well when hunting.
I have used many drop away rests , and haven't found one I like very well yet .

UTGrad

Radar said:
I'm a big fan of whisker biscuits for hunting . They are easy to setup and contain the arrow well when hunting.
I have used many drop away rests , and haven't found one I like very well yet .

Thanks...the Whisker Biscuit or Hostage rest are pretty much my choices, but there alot of praises with fall away rest.

Buck Assassin

I got a hostage rest that came on my bow and really like it! its simple and easy to set up and tune. I bought a whisker biscuit back in november and was gonna put it on but I cant make up my mind if I want to, or just keep my hostage.

LCU

I have the QAD Pro. Complete containment. And if you let off, it stays up. I have never had a problem with it, or touched it since it was installed.

If it acts up the first time, I'm going with a WB.

Radar

I had QAD Hunter that failed to drop away , I'm sure the pro model is of better quality .
If I were to buy another drop away , it would be a Ripcord . I have a Trophy Taker Shaky Hunter that works okay , but it is too noisy for hunting for me .

xtremeoutdoors

ive shot several dropaway rest and set up most of them and one of the simplest and full proof ones is the phantom by pse and i currently have a QAD HD on my bow its a great rest but ive heard too many times that it didnt fall and one more negative thing about it and others that have plastic launchers be very careful when its cold if yo snag them on something they will break i know first hand. The QAD is on there for testing purposed only the phantom will be going back on shortly. But the most important thing to any dropaway is setup if its not timed properly they will be very accurate

turkeyhunter64

richmanbarbeque said:
Whisker biscuit Is what I would get. Later you can play with drop aways.

I've shot TM hunter styles, drop aways and then found the Whisker biscuit. Will not ever shoot anything again but the WB. :)

LCU

It's the old dropaway vs WB discussions.

I shoot 2" Blazers and don't want it going through whiskers.

If my QAD PRO fails,then I agree, trash it.
So far it's perfect.

Buckblaster

R.I.P.
UTGrad said:
I am looking pretty hard at the QAD Pro with the locking feature. Will research this one a bit further, since the WB is definately more reliable.

I had one that wouldnt fall.

If you are going to ger a fall away get a ripcord or the trophy taker containment bar drop way. If he TT doesnt fall or drop its because its super glued. The ripcord its about the same as the hostage. IMO a QAD is a knock off ripcord. Ive heard to many bad things about them.

Latest posts