Need a good ATV mechanic.

waywolf

Had same problem with my 2010 Rancher. Replaced the spark plug and electric fuel pump. It ran better when it ran but would still cut off after getting warmed up. I had a habit of always leaving the on/off/res fuel selector turned to on. Found if I moved the selector to reserve it eliminated the problem. Used it that way this past hunting season without a problem. Apparently a problem with the selector or the pick up in the tank. Not sure it it has a in tank filter or not. Haven't gotten around to looking at it further.

Knothead

I know this sounds crazy, but do you have the gas cap that has the vent that you can turn on and off on top. If so, have you tried loosening the gas cap from the tank? Sometimes, the vent cap can go bad on ya, and even if it is set to the open position, it does not vent properly, you end up with a vapor lock and it shuts the engine off.
Whaaat?? Thats crazy!!

I know, I know. Thats what I said when the guy at the Honda shop told me that, but he was spot on. Bought a new cap, and its still running like new.

Latest posts