Neck size or Full Length ?

Maude

I typically neck resize. I had a case head separation years ago with a 270 that I was full-length resizing each time. I honestly don't remember how many times I had loaded that brass but it was 4-5+ times and I was pushing it hard. Anyway, now I neck resize for 4-5 rounds and replace the brass. I'm loading for a 6.5PRC right now with Hornady brass and I will have to bump the shoulders back. I can load a neck resized piece but I have to force it. I'm not sure if it is the gun or the brass causing this but I know this won't work for a hunting situation.

UTGrad

I typically neck resize. I had a case head separation years ago with a 270 that I was full-length resizing each time. I honestly don't remember how many times I had loaded that brass but it was 4-5+ times and I was pushing it hard. Anyway, now I neck resize for 4-5 rounds and replace the brass. I'm loading for a 6.5PRC right now with Hornady brass and I will have to bump the shoulders back. I can load a neck resized piece but I have to force it. I'm not sure if it is the gun or the brass causing this but I know this won't work for a hunting situation.

Brass is probably needing to be worked in a FL sizing die. Case is now a casting of your chamber and not enough tolerance to chamber easily.

Snowwolfe

Allow your rifle to determine how much sizing the brass requires. Screw down the FL resizing die until it is about 1/8th of an inch above the shell holder. Size then try to chamber the round. Repeat after adjusting the die down a little at a time until three cases will allow you to close the bolt with just a hint of resistance. Then screw the die down about a 1/8th of a turn and lock in place.

Latest posts