Myrtle Beach Pier Fishing

shopson

Just got back from annual Myrtle Beach vacation and while the wife and others did routine beach stuff, me and my son did three things- eat, slept, and pier fished. We caught right at 140 fish and with the exception of one evening when I burried him, we were almost dead even on fish caught.
Nothing big but here are a few pics of some different catches.

My sons ribbon fish and a sea urchin.
016.jpg

008.jpg

My first flounder ever.
004.jpg

Also my first ray and I don't know what kind. Opinions varied on the pier
014.jpg

3 different kinds of crabs (yes, I caught the crabs)
005.jpg

010.jpg

022.jpg

And check out this toad fish. Something had bitten him in half and it was surviving. That's my bait in his mouth at the top.
021.jpg

And this fellow got this shark to the pier. They had it on the basket once and it slid off. They eventually accidently cut the line with the basket.
019.jpg

shopson

Buckblaster, 2nd Avenue Pier.

More sharks caught on this pier than any other fish I would suspect. 99% of them are black tips. I caught 87 fish and 60 some were sharks. I asked about shark fishing before since so many are caught and the sign on the pier says "No Shark Fishing". I was told that it means you can't go chumming and try to lure them into the area. Makes since with all the beachgoers.

Buckblaster

R.I.P.
shopson said:
Buckblaster, 2nd Avenue Pier.

More sharks caught on this pier than any other fish I would suspect. 99% of them are black tips. I caught 87 fish and 60 some were sharks. I asked about shark fishing before since so many are caught and the sign on the pier says "No Shark Fishing". I was told that it means you can't go chumming and try to lure them into the area. Makes since with all the beachgoers.

60 of 87 sharks? that would get old. I know about all the illegal shark junk I just didnt know about bringing sharks on the pier was illegal?

by far my fave thing to catch off piers is 1 or 2 lb. blue fish on cut mullet or spanish on gotcha plugs

Latest posts