My son's friend first doe and first buck 12-26-15

Deer Assassin

I have taken several kids, my son,step daughter and my wife for their first deer, and this year a 46 year old co-worker for his and it is the best thing you can do as a hunter. Big bucks, big does, long shots, multiple kills mean nothing compared to the happiness of some one killing their first deer, but not just the kill shot but the before, during, and after and all of the process involved.

Blake has been my hunting buddy for 2 years now. He has had the worst luck of any kid I have ever taken to the woods. Fog, warm weather, rain, and even smoke has ruined his chances at a deer. He has always taken it with a grain of salt and carried on. He has sat in heated shooting house to freezing in a ladder stand in giles county. He has hunted Cheatham county, williamson county Giles county and houston county and we got it done in montgomery county.

This year has been hard motivating him to get to the woods as at age 16 he is more into the 2 legged deer than the 4 legged. His schedule is worse than a business man. I have tried to teach him some life lesson via the woods and hunting to include not giving up. Things in life dont always come easy you have to work for it but that makes it so much better when it happens.

Another lesson is sometimes you cant do it all by your self you have to ask for help. I am so thankful for big lefty 20 (Matt) for the opportunity he gave us to hunt giles. We actually saw deer for the first time but they were just to far out 270-300 yds. But hey we saw deer.

I saw the thread on tndeer by os2 outdoors (matt powell) about offering up a hunt for less fortunate hunters in the serious forum. I thought what the heck i would enter him, well we won.

I want to say this Matt and Ben (Benkharr) and Tyler they were the best host ever. It was nice to meet country boy 053 as well. I got to see Matts 182 inch archery buck that topped my 181 inch archery buck and it was impressive to say the least. These guys are hardcore archery hunting big buck killing fellas but were cool as hell to let some folks come out and shoot a doe and buck with a rifle on their best spots.

All I can say is mossy oak can eat their heart out they dont have jack on these guys hunting places.

We dropped tyler off in the middle of nowhere to hunt with sasquatch then Ben,myself and blake rode up to about 100 yds before the shooting house . We spotted 2 deer in the plot. As we made our way to the house the button buck started blowing and ran off and the doe went to the upper field. We got settled in Blake made a great shot 136 yards. the 120 NBT did the trick. Watch the blood shoot out of the doe. She ran off the edge of the field and died.

We waited for 2 hours till the turkeys showed up and then a 5 pointer came out. Blake was ready to shoot it. 185 yards he busted it. It ran off field and about 60 yards in the woods and expired.

We spent the next hour watching things you only see on tv. It was unreal. A great experience for him and me.

We got to meet Ben's dad he was tickled for Blake you would of thought he had killed a big one himself. It just showed the kind of people we were hunting with. I really enjoyed hunting with Ben we had great conversation and both enjoy hunting.

Blake had the time of his life and was on cloud 9. These are the memories he will cherish forever and the people named above are the ones responsible for it. We took the deer over to his parents they were both very happy for him

It was a great team effort. With a great result.

doe
montgomery county
dressed 45
136 yds
rem 700 sf 7/08
120 nbt over re15 2869 fps

buck 5 point
dressed 105
185 yard shot

THE MUST WATCH VIDEO ..........................

https://youtu.be/T4RSWdQRA28

bigtex

Congrats to everyone, it don't get any better than that.
Great shooting and two very good deer, congrats young man!!

southern_leo

I thought the hunt for the less fortunate was a class act. My hat is off to you fellas. Also congrats to the young man on his deer. I fear you are now sick with this addiction we all share.....deer hunting. Also shout out to deer assassin for signing this young man up for this opportunity. Good job all around. Always nice to see new responsible hunters join the fields and woods with us.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Headhunter

congrats, nothing like helping someone kill their first deer, their first duck, their first dove, or catch their first fish or get someone into a school of fish, etc. for the first time. Much more gratifying than doing it yourself.

Latest posts