My son Kyle's Tournament Bass (Pic)

Kirk

I fished the B&B TX with my son Kyle on Monday afternoon. We drew a low blast off number so we were a good bit ahead of the rest of the pack on blast off. We were running full bore heading toward the TN River when the rain started. The sky in front of us really looked like some heavy rain so we sat down on a bluff on the Hiwassee and started fishing. We were fishing in 30 foot of water along a bluff wall. I was trying a drop shot on some fish I shot on the sonar. Kyle was fishing with a green trick worm on a (spot buster) shakey head.

He had already made two casts when he saw a promising looking hole in the bluff wall. He pitched the shakey head in the hole and started working it back to the boat. I saw his expression change and he set the hook. The way the fish was stripping line and bowing the rod I thought he had hooked a drum or a catfish. It took him a few minutes of reeling to get it beside the boat and shallow enough we could see it was big bass. I placed the net under the fish and we got the bass safely in the boat. At the weigh in the bass weighed in at 3.66 pounds, his personal best.

Kyle366LM.jpg

mossyhorns300

Re: My son's Kyle Tournament Bass (Pic)

Atta Boy! Nothin like Shakey Headin' them fish on bluff walls. Been doin that at Pickwick myself and it's a blast on spinning tackle with 8 lb line, especially when a mean ol' smallie grabs it!

Latest posts