My first sous vide

jetwrnch

Sous Vide is the technique some steak houses don't want you to know about. It literally means cooking under vacuum. The meat is sealed in a bag, preferably by vacuum, then cooked in water at a precise temperature. You cook for a much longer time for pasteurization, but the meat is never over cooked. You sear it when done to get the Maillard Reaction, which basically means browning. The result is the best chicken breast, pork chop and usually beef you've ever had. Works best on lean meats. A big advantage is that time is not nearly as important. A chicken breast at 45 minutes is the same at 2 hours. No more worrying about minutes.

Specializedjon

Sous Vide is the technique some steak houses don't want you to know about. It literally means cooking under vacuum. The meat is sealed in a bag, preferably by vacuum, then cooked in water at a precise temperature. You cook for a much longer time for pasteurization, but the meat is never over cooked. You sear it when done to get the Maillard Reaction, which basically means browning. The result is the best chicken breast, pork chop and usually beef you've ever had. Works best on lean meats. A big advantage is that time is not nearly as important. A chicken breast at 45 minutes is the same at 2 hours. No more worrying about minutes.
I'm always a little suspicious towards words I can't pronounce. Sounds pretty fancy. I'm a "burn my steak while drinkin a beer" kinda guy. Those French dudes don't know how to burn meat like us 'Merican's

Thanks for the explanation sir.

Chaneylake

Perfect explanation

TAFKAP

its for people who cant cook a steak correctly.

No Way Beer GIF by Busch

Latest posts