My First Crossbow...look at these options please

BlountArrow

Well, I just don't seem to be able to make shooting my compound bow a priority over all the other things I have going on in my life so I'm going to get a crossbow. I don't want to spend a lot on one because I really hope to be back to shooting my compound bow very soon because I really do enjoy it a lot. That being said, I'm trying to find a package deal for around $400 or less. I think I've more/less narrowed it down to the following:

Barnett Jackal pkg ($250ish)
Barnett Quad 400 pkg ($290)
Carbon Express X-Force 350 pkg ($260)
PSE Reaper pkg ($280)

What do you guys think? Any of those above better or worse? Any you would flat out stay away from?

Thanks for the help!

777rellik

Pse Fang...acadamy sports 329.00 put a redhot parker scope on it.shot it from 10 yards 20 30 40...dead on.Daughter is going to stack the venison up this year.

Atchman2

I don't think any of them are a bad choice. I'd favor the Barnett Quad 400, but I'm biased since I have two Barnett Crossbows. :) The thing about the Jackal is that it doesn't come with a cocking rope! The Quad 400 you get everything you need to get started except broadheads and a target! It also has a scope. No offense to the red dots, but the scope is easier for me to shoot with precision, though the red dot is easy to get on target and you can keep both eyes open with ease.

That is a GREAT price on that Quad 400!

http://www.sportsmansguide.com/product/ ... e?a=687010

BlountArrow

Academy had a PSE Fang pkg for $299 so I own it. Might have to check back in for some tips and tricks. I'm a crossbow virgin. Appreciate all the comments fellas.

Sent from my XT901 using Tapatalk

Buzzard Breath

Your SIL goes trad and you go handicapped. What wrong with this picture.

I can't help you with the crossbow situation, but I'm looking forwards to the text of you with your hands wrapped around another nice buck. Being a good father takes precedent over what type of weapon you chose to hunt with.

BlountArrow":1tpx2gms said:
Appreciate all the comments fellas.

Your welcome.

BlountArrow

That really is what it is all about right now, Buzz. You hit the nail on the head. In a couple years I'll probably have my oldest shooting and it might be a different story then. Thanks!

Atchman2

BlountArrow":31ebmah0 said:
Academy had a PSE Fang pkg for $299 so I own it. Might have to check back in for some tips and tricks. I'm a crossbow virgin. Appreciate all the comments fellas.

Still a great choice. I shoot a PSE bow and love it. I'm sure their crossbows are excellent as well. :)

Latest posts