• Help Support TNDeer:

My February sheds....

catman529

February is over, and now for the best month for shed hunting. Can't wait to see what this month has to offer.

They are lined up in chronological order from left to right with the matching set being the most recent find. Some are old, some are new, all are sheds and that's what counts.

E533235E-AAE4-485C-BE6E-93A43E1B05AD-9548-000010AB2AAC008F_zps29bdda44.jpg

Those of you in the contest, hope this is some motivation to look hard when you are in the woods... I don't want to win a contest that I started, but the competitive spirit has got me looking hard for sheds... heck I might just exempt myself from winning, but still play along just for fun. All I care is that I find some sheds and it's been a much better year than last year already. Last year just sucked!

Darn, Catman, you have a real eye for spotting those things! One thing for sure about finding sheds too is that you are finding the places where bucks spend a lot of their time.

LMAO.... Take yourself out eh? Competitive spirit eh? We can't all look everyday, some us work 40+ hours a week in the DAYTIME! My big bucks ain't even started to drop and if their not on the ground they can't be found! I SEE you wrote this late last night so I'm just going to assume you had one to many sun drops and were not in a normal state of mind...SOBER UP CAT :D

nate17 said:
how are you so sure your going to win????
I'm not sure, you are catching up

Hollar Hunter said:
LMAO.... Take yourself out eh? Competitive spirit eh? We can't all look everyday, some us work 40+ hours a week in the DAYTIME! My big bucks ain't even started to drop and if their not on the ground they can't be found! I SEE you wrote this late last night so I'm just going to assume you had one to many sun drops and were not in a normal state of mind...SOBER UP CAT :D
no I just had a peach tea, that is all. :D

might need to get a sun drop though

Hollar Hunter said:

that head is gettin a little big aint it!!! haha

nate17 said:
catman529 said:
nate17 said:
how are you so sure your going to win????
I'm not sure, you are catching up

last time i checked i had the biggest shed!! maybe ur the one that needs to catch up hoss!
I was talking about numbers... I am shooting for the most sheds! If I get a big one it's just a bonus! That coke can shed you found is huge....

#s are nice, but... ill take 3 booners over 20 dinks every year!! Little sheds are for training ur dog ; )

nate17 said:
#s are nice, but... ill take 3 booners over 20 dinks every year!! Little sheds are for training ur dog ; )
I wouldn't complain about booners but I like finding sheds no matter what size. if i go into the woods hoping for a monster and find 3 dinks, I'd come out of the woods disappointed. But if I go into the woods hoping to find a shed, and find 3 dinks, it was a good day. Only thing that bugs me really is when the squirrels get to them.

Oh and a matched set is always awesome. In fact I will be looking for the other side to #2 this afternoon. Any shed is better than no shed! And I don't got no dog to train with em.... Just was thinking last night I need to make a bow hanger with one of em. :D

Ive burnt a buttload of time trying to find that match. Ill honestly be dissapointed if i dont find it now lol. Random side note, i have picked a match set from 2 different deer out of a small 1 acre field 2 years in a row now. I bet i check that field every year for the rest of my life haha.

im headed out to my lease tomorrow to give it a try down there that is if we dont have a snow on the ground in the morning.
Catman Did you check just random areas with good deer movement or do you do grid style searches?

nate17 said:
Is somebody jealous? Im like catman,I like finding antlers in general.Im like a little kid when I spot one,I take off running for it like its gonna run away..LMAO

cecil30-30 said:
nate17 said:
Is somebody jealous? Im like catman,I like finding antlers in general.Im like a little kid when I spot one,I take off running for it like its gonna run away..LMAO

jealous of?

Back