My daughter had a good season

Hunter 257W

I'd like to hear the story behind the 8 point and 3 does in the same day. How did that unfold?? Was the buck with those 3 does? What order did she shoot them in? That was a heck of a season for sure! Congratulations!

RS

Hunter 257W":20dfvldg said:
I'd like to hear the story behind the 8 point and 3 does in the same day. How did that unfold?? Was the buck with those 3 does? What order did she shoot them in? That was a heck of a season for sure! Congratulations!

We were hunting a food plot that morning and the buck came out first, quickly followed by several does and fawns. She shot the buck first and dropped him, and 4 does ran closer to us. She shot the lead doe and it ran just out of the plot. Another group of does and fawns were still at the far end of the plot and she shot one of them and dropped it...the plot then cleared. About 30 minutes later, another group of does and fawns stepped out, and she dropped the lead doe...then the work started :D

Here's a pic I took with my phone before the first shot. The buck is on the far left.

Attachments

• BC74ACC5-91A9-4B1B-9C1F-6AE18EF30E0B.jpeg
    BC74ACC5-91A9-4B1B-9C1F-6AE18EF30E0B.jpeg
    84.2 KB · Views: 418

Hunter 257W

RS":w857ungh said:
Hunter 257W":w857ungh said:

We were hunting a food plot that morning and the buck came out first, quickly followed by several does and fawns. She shot the buck first and dropped him, and 4 does ran closer to us. She shot the lead doe and it ran just out of the plot. Another group of does and fawns were still at the far end of the plot and she shot one of them and dropped it...the plot then cleared. About 30 minutes later, another group of does and fawns stepped out, and she dropped the lead doe...then the work started :D

Here's a pic I took with my phone before the first shot. The buck is on the far left.

OK, I was wondering if maybe she had shot one of the does 1st and then maybe the buck came to the dead doe. That was a bunch of deer out there at once when she 1st shot. And getting the buck and two of the does in one continuous encounter is a lot of action all at once. You aren't kidding about that being a lot of work! I almost shot 3 does at the same time one day but I got control of my trigger finger before dropping the 3rd purely because of all the work involved. :) Now if there had been a buck like the one your daughter shot standing there, the work wouldn't have seemed nearly so bad! :)

Latest posts