My 2013 season in review

rem270

I had a pretty good season. Didn't hunt near as much as i usually do though. With working alot and doing college on top of that i think i was just drained and when i did have free time just wanted to lay around. Hopefully next season won't be as busy and ill feel like going more. I killed all my deer in Ky this year. I didn't hunt Tn much. It wasn't lack of deer for me not going i just got lazy and didn't go much.

I had a 3.5 yr old drop tine buck that was my #1 hitlist buck but he never showed. I could count 13pts on him from trailcam pics.

I passed up a 4.5 yr old 8pt that i thought was 3.5 at the time and thought he was a different buck that i had already decided to pass on. But come to find out it was a new deer that had just showed up that week after looking at my cams. I messed up but hopefully he'll be there next year and even bigger.

I killed a doe opening weekend of Ky. First time i've ever got a pic of one right before i killed it.

Killed this doe on Oct 27th during Ky bow season. Probably the biggest doe i've ever killed. Sorry i look like a thug in this pic but it was cold that morning.

Took this 5.5 yr old 10pt the Sunday of opening weekend of Ky rifle. I started getting pics of him a month before and knew he was mature and probably 5.5. I decided if i seen him in daylight that i would kill him. I kind of regretted it because i knew there were bigger deer out there but i was pleased because he was mature. I learned my lesson and won't kill a buck just because he's mature in a 1 buck limit state.