muzzle loader info

C1295

I Acquired a Traditions Inline 209 tracker Muzzleloader. Looking for recommendations on a scope for it. Mostly only Hunt hard woods. Maybe 60-80 yard shots. really would like to stay around 100 dollar budget if I can find a decent one in that range. If not I will just save to get one.

Last edited:

CHRIS WILSON

There's not really much I can recommend around the $100 range as far as rifle/muzzleloader scopes go. The Vortex Crossfire II in 2-7x32 can be picked up for around $130, give or take a bit. I'm not too big on the Crossfire lineup but Vortex does have a lifetime warranty that I do believe covers the Crossfire series.

C1295

There's not really much I can recommend around the $100 range as far as rifle/muzzleloader scopes go. The Vortex Crossfire II in 2-7x32 can be picked up for around $130, give or take a bit. I'm not too big on the Crossfire lineup but Vortex does have a lifetime warranty that I do believe covers the Crossfire series.
what is it about the crossfire you not big on? that would be something in my Range.

CHRIS WILSON

what is it about the crossfire you not big on? that would be something in my Range.
I've tried a few of the Crossfire series scopes and wasn't really happy with the high end magnification clarity and low light clarity. They were serviceable but for little bit more money, the Burris Fullfield II is better glass.

WTM

the best scope youll find for around 100 bucks.

Fearless

Hit up all the pawn shops in your area, you may get lucky that's were they found my stolen muzzle loaders at. my old cva had a Nikon Buckmaster 3x9 x40 on it.

Carlos

Those cheaper scopes, like the Simmons and Bushnells will work ok. They are bad to fog up in cooler weather, and don't gather much light at dawn and dusk.

Generally they'll get you thru a season, maybe several seasons, just fine. Then you could pickup a better quality scope before next season.

Last edited:

archer19

Dusk & Dawn Busnell
Have had my 3 for +20 years each.
No problems
Hold zero
Have served me very well

Attachments

• AB3C27A9-770D-4C48-993D-5AC1D08DDC6C.png
    AB3C27A9-770D-4C48-993D-5AC1D08DDC6C.png
    51.8 KB · Views: 28

peytoncreekhunter

I Acquired a Traditions Inline 209 tracker Muzzleloader. Looking for recommendations on a scope for it. Mostly only Hunt hard woods. Maybe 60-80 yard shots. really would like to stay around 100 dollar budget if I can find a decent one in that range. If not I will just save to get one.

I bought a Vortex Copperhead for my muzzleloader and am very pleased with it. Check it out on Amazon.

younggun308

2-Step Enabled
I have always heard people say the Bushnell Banner Dawn + Dusk is perfect for a MZ. Once saw Rogers Sporting Goods have them on sale for $30.

DeerMan66

My cousin has had a Bushnell Banner on his muzzleloader for years. He loves it and has had no issues with it. That's what I would go with for a $100 budget. They also have a lifetime warranty.

Latest posts