Muck Woody Max

Vermin93

Wes Parrish said:
The Muck "Woody Max" may be the warmest boot for its weight I've seen.
They are relatively light, comfortable, and good walkers.

HOWEVER, they are not very durable if you need to walk thru a lot of green briar and/or heavy brush. The rubber bottoms are fine, but the neoprene uppers are easily punctured. I like mine, just saying the upper portion is easily punctured, even more easily on some of Muck's lighter-weight boots, such as the "Ranger", "Fieldblazer" or "Wetlands" versions.

Man, you aren't kidding. I wore my Muck Wetlands on a 2-day hunt in Texas in January and the cactus and briars shredded the neoprene uppers. I even had cactus thorns go completely through the rubber section of the boot. They were so comfortable and were great for where I hunt in Kansas, but unfortunately they got destroyed in Texas. :cry:

Columbia Scott

I own a pair and I love them. I have abnormally big calves and can't roll them all the way up but I've worn them in temps down to the high 20's. You need something a little better insulated below that but above that they are the most comfortable boot ever!

eightpointer

Honestly the best thing for me and my Son about them is the ease of getting them on and off. When he would wear lace up boots we would always drive to our hunting area..in the dark of course...get out..get dressed..then the killer task of lacing boots and getting them tied up and "just right" for the hike in. GRRRRRR!! Now..with these, he is ready before my old butt is.

Latest posts