MRE meals homemade

ghosthunter

Do any of you guys make your own mre meals? If so, I would like to hear a few pointers. I would like to find a good alternative to buying them. They can be a little pricy if you plan on spending several days in the woods.

PO Cedar

I had an old First Sergeant that kept giving my cases of MREs so I went with those. But the "Lipton" sides entrees you buy at the local grocery will be what I mainly carry in the future. Boil a little water and pour over these assorted meals and you have a good hot meal. Take several of the freeze-dried quality/strength zip loc bags and dump the meal in and pour boiling water over it and let it set after stirring. Red beans and rice,chicken broccolli,etc.. several varieties. The chicken,tuna,salmon packets are light and pack easily. Take some tortillas along and some individual mustard/mayo packets. Ramen noodles are an old standby. Chicken or beef buollion cubes can be packed and added to boiling water to make a soup broth. Throw some jerky in the hot broth and wait for the jerky to swell up and reconstitute.

Latest posts