Moving to Tennessee

You want those close up archery opportunities, we've got em here. Too many hills and trees in this part of the state for long range. You find a funnel and post up and you're golden.

Also, unrelated but... You will be very close to one of the best gun ranges in the state with Dead Zero right there in Spencer area.
I was told that where we are going to be living has a 50yd range so there's that. Great for pistols and archery but kind of close range for rifles. I'm sure I can find a longer range to make it work if need be.

Bugs are different here. Ticks,chiggers,mosquitoes,brown recluse spiders, You will also need to learn to identify poison ivy.
Thanks! I grew up in Florida and we have all of those there plus more. I left in 1993 when I went in the military and retired out of Luke AFB here in AZ back in 2014! I will definitely need to reeducate myself on being in the field again that's for sure!

Specializedjon

And....thank you for your service. We can never have too many Air Force guys on here. We're a little out numbered

high five tom cruise GIF by STARZ

(Yes, I know they were Navy :confused:)

13pt

I'd love to be there to go with you but were still in AZ. We've got a lot of moving parts here but should be in TN by the end of the year. If you don't mind I'll put this offer in my back pocket and pull it out when we get steeled.

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone!
Absolutely! Best of luck with the move and we'll see you soon.

Well after almost two years after signing up on the site we're finally in TN. We moved last weekend and settled in Fairfield Glade until our house is completed in Spencer. I look forward to getting out and getting my feet wet here in TN.

Joe2Kool

First, thank you for your service. Second, welcome to Tennessee. You'll find the hunting quite a bit different.

I've hunted CO, WY, SD, TX, NE, as well as NC, IA, and TN. Also have points in AZ and KS. In western states, you can spot game and other hunters over a mile away, easily. In the big woods of the east, another hunter could be 200 yards away and you'd never know it!

Finally, did you read the fine print when you signed up for TNDeer? In case you missed it, all new members are required to post GPS coordinates of all their kills and trail cam photos. 😆 😆

First, thank you for your service. Second, welcome to Tennessee. You'll find the hunting quite a bit different.

I've hunted CO, WY, SD, TX, NE, as well as NC, IA, and TN. Also have points in AZ and KS. In western states, you can spot game and other hunters over a mile away, easily. In the big woods of the east, another hunter could be 200 yards away and you'd never know it!

Finally, did you read the fine print when you signed up for TNDeer? In case you missed it, all new members are required to post GPS coordinates of all their kills and trail cam photos. 😆 😆
Yes, it will be a learning curve that's for sure. My list of GPS coordinates and photos are starting slowly.....;)