Moultrie Photo Fix

LanceS4803

I went ahead and started a new thread.

I thought we couldn't be the only ones, so I hit up the source for all knowledge in the world: google
Holy crap!!
Starting around the end of August people started having problems. Moultrie has been notified but have no answers. Same with Microsoft. It is absolutely a Windows conflict issue, but ONLY with Moultrie. Even older Moultrie photos stored on hard drives.
No more Moultries for me.

So, the easiest workaround is do the following:
In file explorer: Select all photos, Right click and select Rotate Right. When done processing, Right click and select Rotate Left. This will fix the problem and the photos will be saved and will view at normal size.

For reference, I took 3 cards used in various Moultries and did it:
634 picture, totalling 1.17gb took 4 minutes to rotate right and 15 seconds rotate left.
152 pictures, totalling 250mb, took 1.5 minutes and 10 seconds.
30 pictures, totalling 76mb, took 16 seconds and 2 seconds.

There is also a photo viewer software program that some had success with, others couldn't get it to work. I haven't tried it so can't vouch for it.
https://windows-photo-gallery.en.lo4d.com/windows

TheLBLman

Actually, I found THE fix for this last month.
Let me look up what I did, but no more problems with the Moultrie pics.

I had started a thread about this a while back, but couldn't find anyone at the time having the same pic problems (at least on TNdeer.com).

TheLBLman

Here is THE fix:

Simply download the FREE program PhotoScape X from the Microsoft store.

Start using this photo program to open all your .jpeg images.
After you use it a bit, you will likely like it better than whatever you were using previously.

Seriously, I like this PhotoScape X better than what I had been using,
and am now using it to view the pics from all my cam cards.

Best of all, the pics from the Moultries now open & view exactly the same as all the others.

Latest posts