Morning scouting report

Acorn

I got back on a ridge across from where I thought they would be roosting at but I was wrong. They where actually one more hollow over. I finally located the flock around 7:30 I heard one gobble. I set about 150 yards away and just watched and listened for a little while. They were all blowed up strutting around and gobbling like crazy. I can't wait until next weekend and try to put my boys on a bird. It got me pumped up and I'm ready to play the game with these old birds! I know several said they were going to get out this morning. What did everyone else see and hear? Where they gobbling good in your neck of the woods?

Carlos

Thanks for sharing.

I listened in a couple of spots just after daylight, and didnt hear anything this morning. (Well, besides crows, pleated woodpeckers, and songbirds.)

elknturkey

This was my 11th morning listening. Finally heard 2. Gobbled once a piece when a hen did a fly down. Drove around the country for a few hours afterwards and seen a pile on farms. Everybody I've talked to has been hearing a lot of gobbling for a few weeks even in the middle of the day.

uppercanine

I got out to walk a big loop on some public in South East Tennessee. I didn't hear any. It was great just to be outside.

Hunt 365

Pulled my plot watchers this a.m. on my big farm. All the flock or nothing. 4 gobblers and 20 hens this morning, but nothing last 2 days. Me and my sons will have to find the flock Friday night to have juvy action.

huvrman

Clay county - scouted three days ago and saw or heard nothing. Up at daylight again yesterday - heard and stalked up to 2 LongBeard in pasture about an hour after daylight. Up again today - heard 3 gobbling in distant hollows.

Bgoodman30

Scouted one farm last Thursday and heard two lone gobblers on adjacent ridges sounding off for several hours. I heard two gobblers answer him mid morning and that made him silent!

Yesterday morning on a cattle farm and they were still in winter flocks and vocal on the limb only. Did not hear any ground gobbling and never heard a satellite bird...

megalomaniac

This is the latest possible opening dates for TN. Birds will still be henned up, but expect way better hunting than if juvie opened on Mar 23rd.

Sent from my SM-G970U1 using Tapatalk

huvrman

Clay county update - Heard multiple gobblers yesterday at daylight. Today as well. NO gobbling once off the roost, though. Have seen a lone hen in my front yard the past 2 days.

deerfever

One absolutely about to choke on his gobbles this morning! He seems worried that he is going to get left out today. The youth should have a great hunt!

elknturkey

Heard 2 for sure but pretty sure 3. Good roost gobbling and none on the ground. Hens were vocal. Several strutters riding around. This is the most I've seen in years

tellico4x4

8 yr old grandson & I heard 6 diff birds this morning by 7:30. Saw a lone gobbler at 9:30 & a lone hen at 11:00 as she was easing off. Pulled cards on cams & had several long beards with hens on plots this past week.
Wayne Co.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

elknturkey

Andy S.":3qe1soai said:
elknturkey":3qe1soai said:
Heard 2 for sure but pretty sure 3. Good roost gobbling and none on the ground. Hens were vocal. Several strutters riding around. This is the most I've seen in years
TN?
Yes. I hadn't planned on hunting but my buddy was fishing last week and heard 3 so I went to check out one of my old killing grounds. This is the first morning I've listened in Tennessee

Latest posts