morels aka dry land fish! help

rutnstrut2

I am wanting to try and find some this year it is the first year in about ten that I have tried to find any. Just wanted to know if anyone has found any yet? and where do I need to look at to find some? I got about 150 ac I can hunt with no one ever looking for them on this property before. any help would be great!Thanks!

Buzzard Breath

k810329 said:
ok i may be an idiot but what is it your talking about?ive never heard of such a thing but im interested to know.

DSC_1058.jpg

rutnstrut2, wish I could help, but I have no method. They just sort of show up where I'm looking. I still think it's a little early to be looking though.

rutnstrut2

That is what I am talking about right there I think I might go next weekend on my grandads land take my turkey gun just in case I get some fish or birds!

rutnstrut2

It is just a great way to get out in the woods and have some fun and find somethings to eat and the last ones I ate they tasted like wallie

PickettSFHunter

Go look right after a rain. I like to find areas that were once fields but have since grown into cedar trees and what not. Find alot around mayapples too for some reason. I havent seen any up yet but it should be soon. Dry land fish are about the best eating thing in the woods IMO.

rutnstrut2

no it is in all of tn I have found some in Jackson county as well in middle tn. thanks for all the input I found 110 with my five yr old son finding the first of them I am going to go agian tomarrow hope the cold does not kill them out! In the fishing form they got some pics of them if you would like to know what they loo like, man they were great!

spitndrum

I found a whole hat full last year and fixin to go back after some more....I found mine around some slate rock and damp ground on a hillside with decent sun cover!!

Latest posts