Morel mushrooms

WORM82

They are early this year, I found around 20 Sunday evening. Has anyone cooked them any different than fried in cornmeal?

Hunt2Live

Never had any either, but w I uld like to try them too. I'm guessing they r hard to find? Never hunted mushrooms lol.

WORM82

sure shot":22bo3oeg said:
What county ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Washington co. Must have just been an early patch popped up only found 2 since and it has frosted the last 2 mornings.

Buzzard Breath

I found 15 Sunday and around 30 or so last night. The strange thing is, I'm finding them all at higher elevations. I live at 1,200 ft and normally have them growing in my backyard. I have yet to find a yard morel, but the ones I'm finding are between 2,200-3,000 ft. I probably won't get out to look again until this weekend.

edtcase

I'll look for some on my lease. Happy to share if someone would show how to prep them.

Buzzard Breath

http://www.bigoven.com/recipe/eggs-en-c ... oms/174576

Use a 50/50 mix of morels and white mushrooms.

I'll also make omelets with asparagus and morels.

Mosy people will just batter and fry, but I think morels are something special and I like to put some thought into my dishes. There only here for a few weeks a year, so why not make something special.

They can also be dried in the fridge by putting them in a paper sack on the top shelf. After a little while, they'll be dry and can be used at a later date.

Buzzard Breath

"You need to make this more often", says my wife.

"You do realize I was gone all weekend, hiked 17.54 miles, had a flat tire, and spent approximately 2.5 hours stirring rice to make that", says Buzz

"Yea", says wife

"He!! yea", says Buzz

"Next weekend it'll be served with wild turkey piccata", says Buzz

Morel and asparagus risotto.

Latest posts