Moose encounter gone wrong!

Knothead

I bet he had to leave his britches and drawers in the woods and walk out commando!
šŸ˜³

https://www.weather.com/science/nat...encounter-goes-south-quickly?pl=pl-the-latest

22FFAC66-23AD-4441-A17B-6EF89556211A.png

Safari Hunt

Interesting video. Real and up close, for sure. I was in New Hampshire several hears ago. Got off I-93 and the first sign I saw was "Moose Crossing." When I checked out of the lodge, the desk clerk said they see them all the time. I would have like to seen a moose...at a very long distance.

gatodoc

I was on a horseback trip into the Montana/Idaho mountains with a scout group. Our head guide carried a 44 magnum revolver. We asked if it was for grizzly protection. He said it was to shoot horney moose chasing his pack mules.

Chiflyguy

They're cool up close.
Bigger than you think.
400 miles north of Thunder Bay Ontario

Attachments

• 88624BF1-D49F-4EC2-A8FE-4EA52871F2C2.jpeg
    88624BF1-D49F-4EC2-A8FE-4EA52871F2C2.jpeg
    202.4 KB · Views: 31

Rakkin6

Moose are huge a big bull can be between 7'-8' at the shoulder and weigh 1,500 lbs. Sorry but I am giving him his distance. Even the cows are huge they are like a horse. People are idiots and forget these are wild animals and will protect themselves if they feel threatened. You always see those idiots in Yellowstone trying to get close to the bears, we hear about it every year. Then they get attacked for trying to get within 25 yards of a bear then get mauled. Then they want to put the animal down which is complete BS the animal was in it's habitat and those idiots couldn't bring some binos and give it space. Hell in my opinion the animal was only taking the idiots and weak out of the human gene pool we should be thanking them with a big pile of salmon.

Ski

I lived in Anchorage AK for 5 yrs or so & seeing a moose was darn near an every day thing. They roam around town, eating in people's yards. Seems somebody dies every year from a moose pounding. They're aggressive, mean spirited animals. I'd bet dollars to donuts that more people die from moose encounters than they do from grizzly bears.

dpmiller613

I'm from the Northeast and we now have Moose, BTW the plural is Moose, in NY, VT NH and Maine I'm sure of. Seasons in VT and Maine for sure. About 20+ years ago during a bad snowfall Winter I had one spend the entire Winter on my woodland with the deer herd. Stayed until Spring and then just wandered off. Most or all of the deaths from Moose encounters out here are the morons driving like a bat out of hell and hitting them with their Kias and Subarus. Usually go right under them and the Moose lands in their lap with a totaled car. Haven't heard of any deaths from one-on-one encounters, maybe we're smart enough to not wave the cape in front of the bull. They supposedly have notorious poor eyesight which causes some of the issues with them. Many, many years ago I ran into one fishing in Canada, I can guarantee he wasn't afraid of me but he sure scared the hell out of me, they are serious beasts and grumpy, especially during the rut.

Omega

I've only ever seen one moose in the wild. We were taken to Alaska to prepare some equipment for airdrop to a science station, we were warned not to mess with the wildlife. One morning I was following a rope to the chow hall in a blizzard, saw a huge dark shape in the distance so slowed down, turned out to be a moose up against the rope, just standing there. Decided I could skip breakfast that day.

Latest posts