Modern Day Mountain Man

Antler Daddy

There is one video where a young girl wounds a grizzly and they have to go in the brush for it. It charges within feet and they fill it full of lead.

I have never been in a situation like that. I would just hope that I did not freeze with fear. I have had deer run by me that I never got a shot because trying to get the perfect kill shot or they were just too dang fast.

Last edited:

poorhunter

2-Step Enabled
Three is one video where a young girl wounds a grizzly and they have to go in the brush for it. It charges within feet and they fill it full of lead.

I have never been in a situation like that. I would just hope that I did not freeze with fear. I have had deer run by me that I never got a shot because trying to get the perfect kill shot or they were just too dang fast.
I'll check that out when done with season 5!

poorhunter

2-Step Enabled
Billy Molls on utube. Check it out. Best real Alsaka hunting out there.
Alright Mega, I want to thank you for suggesting this guy! Very enjoyable to watch his hunts.

Even the 17 year old girls don't act like 17 year old girls 🤣 after they kill a 65" moose and grizzly bear. Ole Roy ought to take a lesson.

megalomaniac

Alright Mega, I want to thank you for suggesting this guy! Very enjoyable to watch his hunts.

Even the 17 year old girls don't act like 17 year old girls 🤣 after they kill a 65" moose and grizzly bear. Ole Roy ought to take a lesson.
I've really enjoyed watching his videos... and he is using his platform to further God's kingdom as well.

What he doesn't tell you is a bear hunt or moose hunt with him is in the $30,000 to 35,000 range!!!!!

AT Hiker

I've really enjoyed watching his videos... and he is using his platform to further God's kingdom as well.

What he doesn't tell you is a bear hunt or moose hunt with him is in the $30,000 to 35,000 range!!!!!
The biggest brown bear we seen on Kodiak supposedly was a $20k bear.
I'd move to AK and set up residency before I paid $20-30k to hunt one.

Antler Daddy

The biggest brown bear we seen on Kodiak supposedly was a $20k bear.
And you can get an oil dividend check each year .... 2023 was $1300 and 2024 is expected to be around $3000.

I just need my son to move there for 5 years.

Last edited:

AT Hiker

And you can get an oil dividend check each year .... 2023 was $1300 and 2024 is expected to be around $3000.

I just need my son to move there for 5 years.
That $3k would cover a huge part of chartering a boat for a week. Just imagine hunting brown bear, Sitka blacktail and mountain goat for less than $5k and having a warm place to sleep every night and hot breakfast before you head out.

We are doing it all wrong down here in the South!

Antler Daddy

It would probably not be too difficult for a remote, or a retired worker, to actually find a one room lease somewhere cheap to establish residency in the state.

Wooden Arrow

this is just me, but i have no desire to hunt bears of any variety. see blackies pretty regularly, only one of any real size was an ear-tagged problem bear relocated out of Gatlinvegas. it showed zero awareness of us as we pulled up next to it along the road at Paint Creek. the rest all looked like oddball black Labs running through the woods. i've got friends that love to hunt them, and go up to Canada every year. they enjoy it, and that's what is important. :cool:

Latest posts