missouri

deerhunter10

im looking at leasing a farm in Missouri this year. its in the southern Missouri. does anyone hunt it or does anyone lease up there now? If so how did you like it? im sure there are big deer but did yal see a lot of them? hows the deer number up there? just any info would be great.

bowriter

R.I.P.
Parts of MO can be great and others not so great. As with anywhere, it depends on deer density, pressure and habitat. Southern MOP is a big area. maybe you could be a lilttle more specific like maybe close to....a town name???

eightpointer

Just like BW said. All depends on the area. Don't spend a ton on an unknown and think just because its in MO you will have monster deer all day long. I just sold 40 acres in Polk County MO. In my opinion its not worth the drive.

deerhunter10

Well after researching it a little more and seeing what y'all had to say. I think we are going to stay out of Missouri at least southern Missouri. Will continue to look for some more properties. In other states. May just just wait and look into it harder next year. Thanks for yalls help.

bowriter

R.I.P.
The southeastern corner of MO holds some dang good deer. However, northwest and north central are far better. If you can get land around Hamburg, IA-right on the MO/IA line, it is just like hunting IA.

I had several hundred acres leased there in the early part of this century (2004-206), and we saw and killed some quite good bucks. I have a friend who now has the farm next to that property leased and They are doing very well. I have a buck from around Kirksville that I believe would score very respectfully.

buzzkill

bowriter is right anything around kirksville is smoking hot! Northern missouri border towns such as kirksville and memphis offer iowa size bucks at a fraction of the cost and hassle of iowa lottery.

Latest posts