Migra Combination Ammo?

TAFKAP

So my go-to waterfowl ammo for the past few years has been #3 shot Winchester "Blind Side". It's cycled perfectly, and has been lethal for everything I've shot. But now that my supply is dwindling, I don't see any available anywhere.

But I have seen Migra loads, that are loaded in a #1/#3 or #2/#4 combo. Does anyone have any experience with the Migra brand? How about using combo loads like that?

GUNNERX2

I believe it was Remington that had a duplex load many years ago and they didn't pattern very well. Maybe technology has improved and duplex loads are better but I'll just stick to single loadings.

Displaced_Vol

I've always been skeptical of the duplex loads but to be fair I don't have any first hand experience. I have heard and read about subpar patterns, when compared to comparable loads of only one size.
May be a different story if it's one of those deals where they're combining steel and say, TSS. And like you said it's almost to the point of you need something you're going to have to go with whatever is available. I'd say if you keep shots close like you probably want to anyway, it'll be fine.

TAFKAP

To my credit, it's not like I'm pulling the trigger much these days anyway. But I'm hard pressed to switch from the Blind Side stuff. It's been higher end of expensive, but worth it.

Displaced_Vol

Nope I usually just stick with good old fashioned lead 5s for turkeys.

Interesting you had good luck with blindsides. I just assumed it was all gimmick but I don't know anybody that's actually used them. I may grab a box if I ever find one.

Levee Jumper

I'd take a duplex load with round shot over any load of non-round shot. Intentionally making shot that's not round makes as much sense as making a baseball square.

Crosshairy

I bought a box or two last year in Dyersburg while on a hunt at Reelfoot. Similar to what you were saying, it was a situation of "this is what they have in stock", plus I'm always willing to try something new.

I thought they shot fine and didn't have any issues, but I never got the chance to pattern them officially or anything. I shot them at ducks, and it killed them. The blended shot idea has been done in several other types of shells, so it's not exactly untested technology.