MidSouth Shooters has MagnetoSpeed with free shipping

Omega

Yes I do. I like it for the overall convenience it provides, relatively affordable, and it has given very few errors.
Heard they shift POI, have you seen this, and if so how bad? I have the Chrony model, and really want a LabRadar but man those things are pricey, maybe I'll run across a good deal or good used one.

mr.big

I love mine to check speeds but I don't use it at all working up loads. I could stand the poi shift but I think it messes with your tune ,, I've worked up loads with one attached that didn't shoot the same groups after I took it off.
But if you just want to check speeds it's very good for that

utvolsfan77

I picked up a Magneto Speed about a year ago but haven't really used it yet. Ten years ago, I used an entry level Shooting Chrony and found it to be very inconsistent, so I stepped up to an Oehler 35-P. It worked great until my younger brother shot it, so I picked up the Magneto as a backup. It is much easier and quicker to set up than what the Oehler is.

mr.big

I picked up a Magneto Speed about a year ago but haven't really used it yet. Ten years ago, I used an entry level Shooting Chrony and found it to be very inconsistent, so I stepped up to an Oehler 35-P. It worked great until my younger brother shot it, so I picked up the Magneto as a backup. It is much easier and quicker to set up than what the Oehler is.
I think I bought 5-6 of those. An old high country supreme is rough on them also. Lol

backyardtndeer

Considered the magnetospeed after I looked at the email from midsouth, but didn't know how it would work with ar's with long handguards. Hadn't even thought about it impacting poi before this thread.

My old Caldwell works fine for what I need it for, but sure wish the app and my phone would work right with it. Not sure if something updated with the app or if the phone I got a couple years ago is not compatible, but no longer able to use the app.

I have been looking possibly at a cei3820.

Jcalder

Considered the magnetospeed after I looked at the email from midsouth, but didn't know how it would work with ar's with long handguards. Hadn't even thought about it impacting poi before this thread.

My old Caldwell works fine for what I need it for, but sure wish the app and my phone would work right with it. Not sure if something updated with the app or if the phone I got a couple years ago is not compatible, but no longer able to use the app.

Are you sure your phone isn't compatible. I had issues years ago and had to hook things up a certain way in order before it would work.

mr.big

I don't think you can hook it to an AR or pistols.