Middle TN heavy 10 mountain buck

TboneD

That's a really good buck! As to where east TN ends, it's a LONG way over to Bristol lol. You learn something new everyday, though. According to Wiki the 41 counties in middle TN are actually legally defined by our state constitution. Love the Marlin 336. I hunt with one, myself. Which cartridges were you using?

MUP

Well well, I've learned something. Looks like Seq Co is hooked into Middle Tennessee after all, albeit the FAR Eastern edge of it , then some.

Attachments

• 225px-Map_of_East_Tennessee_counties.png
    225px-Map_of_East_Tennessee_counties.png
    4.4 KB · Views: 48

rifle02

Man, what a buck! That rack has everything. Mass, character and points. Everyone around here in my neck of the woods refers to that as being "on the mountain". I believe anything west of Walden Ridge on the plateau is Middle Tennessee. I guess it's the Far Eastern edge of Middle Tennessee.

bone_cave

I hunt mostly with a 30/30 myself these days. As the shots I have available are not very long. I use 170gr corelokt. What bullet was you using.
Same bullet same grain.. when I'm hunting open long range I'll take my 700 25/06 but up in these woods it's thick with underbrush so this 30/30 and my 45/70 are my go to

kkh325

Congratulations on an awesome looking buck. That buck might have been the deer that did the rub on the small tree behind the buck on the second picture.

bone_cave

Congratulations on an awesome looking buck. That buck might have been the deer that did the rub on the small tree behind the buck on the second picture.
Thankyou and possibly it is but this whole bench is eat up with rubs and scrapes it's a very heavy travel area for deer... I'm thinking maybe more like this rub and or the trees twice this size that have been hit this year.

Attachments

• 25F669DA-BB5C-4AC6-8CD0-242C6733ABA5.jpeg
    25F669DA-BB5C-4AC6-8CD0-242C6733ABA5.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 43

Latest posts