Michican Meltdown

poorhunter

2-Step Enabled
He did at first. But after sustained success, naturally you draw the best. Part of being a great college coach is recruiting talent. Did you pick the fat kid for your kickball team? No one is benching their best players to "coach" inferior talent
There are coaches all across this land that are doing what you say coaches don't do. They play the players that do as they are coached whether they are the better talent or not. I dare say Saban did the same. Whenever we play pickup games, we do the same. Yes, the best players are usually picked first, but not if they aren't a team player or are just plain hard to play alongside because of their attitude. Then we pick players to fit the team we are putting together, not necessarily the most talented of skilled. Now, I do understand that there are players that are both talented AND are good players and know how to play the game, and it appears to me that Saban was good at finding them. I was really wondering if he could beat teams (on a regular basis) with 4 and 5 star status if his team only had 2, 3 and 4 star players. That would be a sign of a great coach and teacher of the game. Games can be won without the best talent, and those are fun teams to watch because they play the game so good.

JBell

Greg McElroy was a 3 star recruit. I'm sure every roster he filled had a few 3's on it. Maybe because he coached them up. Maybe they were under coached in high school. But sabans credo was stay humble and hungry. I'd bet my farm on a 3 star saban team over a 5 star Colorado team

govols

Saban retired because of NIL. Period. When everyone else started paying players he no longer had an advantage. Had he kept coaching, on a LEVEL playing field, the world would've figured out he was just average without an advantage.
NIL and portal leveled the playing field. No longer could he hoard talent, they could go play elsewhere and did so. Bandwagon Bama will get back to reality soon enough.

JBell

This is a thread about Michigan and y'all still scared of bama. 😂 what is it pdb says??? Rent free!!??

JBell

Y'all act like these kids had no offers to other schools out of high school. They chose to play at bama. What the portal did was give them a free opportunity to transfer when they realized they were the big man on campus anymore. And the nil opened it up for buying the top players. News flash….. it's not helping Tennessee either

JBell

Well, I had to look and see the "ignored content". Now I remember why I striped him. He's more confused than a pre surgery pink unicorn at a concert portajon. Do u sit down and pee like a lady? Or use the unrinal since you were born a man???

PillsburyDoughboy

Too funny not to share

Attachments

• 421499987_355312040701346_8355656546869228505_n.jpg
    421499987_355312040701346_8355656546869228505_n.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 6