Michican Meltdown

megalomaniac

Agreed, Sabin knew at the start of the season this was his last year. He looked 10 years older this year than last.

Hate to see Harbaugh go. I actually like him. Strong Christian values, and actually stands up for them. Not many folks are willing to do that in a cesspool like Ann Arbor.

TNTreeman

Never liked him until I heard about his PRO life stance. He's told his players not to abort , that he and his wife would adopt there unwanted baby. He was at a right to life march last week and commie , leftist , espn only would say " march" , never mentioned the event. I'm sure they would've had it been something to fit there narrative. He's ok in my book. He will now go win coaching the Chargers.

Last edited:

iowavf

Agreed, Sabin knew at the start of the season this was his last year. He looked 10 years older this year than last.

Hate to see Harbaugh go. I actually like him. Strong Christian values, and actually stands up for them. Not many folks are willing to do that in a cesspool like Ann Arbor.
I would agree, Sabin saw a good time to get out, while not on top but close to it. Does he know something about the future?

megalomaniac

I would agree, Sabin saw a good time to get out, while not on top but close to it. Does he know something about the future?
I don't think it.was that... he was just looking old and tired on the sidelines early this year. Noone can go on forever in a high pressure job like that. The job and changes in NCAA didn't break him, just Father Time.

Gravey

Never liked him until I heard about his PRO life stance. He's told his players not to abort , that he and his wife would adopt there unwanted baby. He was at a right to life march last week and commie , leftist , espn only would say " march" , never mentioned the event. I'm sure they would've had it been something to fit there narrative. He's ok in my book. He will now go win coaching the Chargers.
I definitely respect him for the abortion stance and saying he and his wife would raise their baby. I remember when that came out. However he's a cheater and I've just never cared for him. His brother on the other hand seems like a great guy. I'm sure neither one care what I think. 😬😂

PillsburyDoughboy

Average enough to make the playoffs🤷🏼‍♂️
Saban retired because of NIL. Period. When everyone else started paying players he no longer had an advantage. Had he kept coaching, on a LEVEL playing field, the world would've figured out he was just average without an advantage.
Average enough to beat the #1 team in tge NCAA and win the SEC championship

poorhunter

2-Step Enabled
Could Saban win championships in his sport with 2, 3 and 4 star recruits instead of 4 and 5 star players? Wouldn't THAT be a better measure of a coaches abilities to coach, and wouldn't that be more satisfying than taking the best players and winning with them? Maybe if he knew football well enough and had a great system and knew how to teach his players and got them to play to their utmost ability, maybe he could win with "lesser" players. Maybe not as many wins, but maybe fewer wins with better coached players is just fine. Seems to me, looking back at sports history, that those are the teams I liked to watch play the game, be it football or basketball or baseball.

JBell

Could Saban win championships in his sport with 2, 3 and 4 star recruits instead of 4 and 5 star players? Wouldn't THAT be a better measure of a coaches abilities to coach, and wouldn't that be more satisfying than taking the best players and winning with them? Maybe if he knew football well enough and had a great system and knew how to teach his players and got them to play to their utmost ability, maybe he could win with "lesser" players. Maybe not as many wins, but maybe fewer wins with better coached players is just fine. Seems to me, looking back at sports history, that those are the teams I liked to watch play the game, be it football or basketball or baseball.
He did at first. But after sustained success, naturally you draw the best. Part of being a great college coach is recruiting talent. Did you pick the fat kid for your kickball team? No one is benching their best players to "coach" inferior talent