Mexican Restaurant in Nashville off of Charlotte pk

JimFromTN

Someone told me there is an authentic Mexican restaurant off of Charlotte pike around 50th or 51st. Has anyone been to it?

hillbillyfab

There's one that's been there for years on Charlotte. It's across from the old Ford dealership/Metro police station. I've eaten there numerous times, never a bad meal.

PillsburyDoughboy

hillbillyfab":1md49wp2 said:
There's one that's been there for years on Charlotte. It's across from the old Ford dealership/Metro police station. I've eaten there numerous times, never a bad meal.

If your talking about Las Palmas it's hardly authentic and it's hardly good however they stay busy . It's moved up the road now. I never eat there . There are much better choices .

Tequilas at OHB and Charlotte in the Old Kmart Shopping center is excellent . Their seafood nachos and Brichettas of The Sea are some of the best Table Fare I have ever had at a Mexican style restaurant .

There is a authentic Mexican place off of American road and Charlotte across from where Aldis is. It's the kind that serves the $1.50 Taco and $5 Burritto with assorted Beefs like ElPastor Fish Shrimp and such .

Copa Cabana is owned by the same people that own Tequilas and has a great Mexican menus of their own.

Can't think of the name of it but the one at White Bridge and Charlotte is pretty good but typical Mexican/ American flair .

Oscars Taco in Bellevue is really cool too .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hillbillyfab

Guess I ain't been there in awhile if it's moved and I didn't know it. :rotf: I'll have to check out those other places you listed. I sure do like Mexican food. :tu:

jb3

You're probably looking for El Mana. It's located on Morrow Road. It's a side street off of Charlotte, between Pep Boys and Wendell Smith's. Drive under the interstate and through two 4-way stops. I'm not sure it's still open, but it's similar to a taco truck menu, but in a building. Everything else along the Charlotte Pike corridor is hot plate taco bell.

Try something new and visit Korea House on Charlotte. I know it ain't mexican, but it's dang good. Just don't go between 5-7pm or you will be waiting outside.

JimFromTN

I believe that is the place. I heard they don't speak much english there. I heard it was allot like Las Americas on Nolensville Rd which is my favorite Mexican restaurant in town.

I have driven by the Korea House for years and have never stopped in. I will definitely have to try them out. They have nothing but good reviews.

JimFromTN

I looked it up and it was closed but was re-opened under the name Angel Latin. I went down there for lunch and it was closed also. There was a taqueria across the street next to a mexican market so I went there. It was taco truck type food. It was pretty good but not as good as Las Americas. I would rather eat there than las palmas. The sadly ironic thing about it is that the mexicans that were eating there were building houses in the neighborhood for people who would never eat in a restaurant like that and will eventually put this place out of business as a result.

Latest posts