Messed up today

bo man

I took off this afternoon in hopes of getting a doe for the freezer. Had not been shooting the bow any lately, big mistake! Big doe at 42 yards winded me, turned broadside, and was getting ready to leave. I settled my 40 yard pin and just as I pulled the trigger on the release I pulled right and buried the arrow in a small tree about 15 feet off the ground. Moral of the story is keep practicing until season is over. I am satisfied that had this been a month ago I would be skinning my deer.

Other than that it was a great day. Passed on a spike and two yearlings, saw 6 other deer and got a glimpse of a nice buck following a doe.

JeepKuntry

I went yesterday evening with high hopes, only to see nothing. Saw 5 there Sunday afternoon. Maybe it was the wind, it was gusting pretty good for most of the afternoon.

Buckblaster

R.I.P.
I shoot year round but I practice atleast 2 times a week of short shooting sessions during bow season. Good thing to, because I found a problem with my rest that would have cost me a deer, easy fix. Went out the next day a killed one.

practice pays off.

Better luck next time bo man. :)

Buck_fever

This is my first year bow hunting. I had a big 8 coming right at me and it saw a doe and turned around. Saw it again the next morning by itself and I couldnt get it to come in. Then i came home and hunted my land and saw a 4 pt chasing a doe. and this morning saw th 4 pt by itself again just out of range. I also missed a doe. So my first bow season is going well

Latest posts