Sold/Expired Mercury 35 HP, looking to trade for smaller motor

catman529

This is time sensitive, as I need to have my boat ready in less than 2 weeks. I have a good running, 1985 mercury 35 hp 2-stroke, electric start, tiller, long shaft outboard. I just had the lower unit replaced and a new water pump installed. Motor starts quick and runs good. I need something around 20 horsepower in similar condition, that I can put on my boat and fish without needing immediate maintenance. I need a short-shaft motor with a tiller steer, but am flexible as to the horsepower and make. Prefer mercury or mariner or the like, but will consider an OMC motor at this point because I need something fast. Kind of a crap shoot but I figure I'd ask. If you have a motor to trade, ill post pics of mine. It's the brown stripe mid-80s style.

redheadshooter

Cat, I wish you would've posted 3 weeks ago! I traded my 20 horse for a shotgun because I needed something bigger! This makes me sick!

catman529

redheadshooter said:
Cat, I wish you would've posted 3 weeks ago! I traded my 20 horse for a shotgun because I needed something bigger! This makes me sick!
wish I would have had the motor ready 3 weeks ago, but it was at the mechanic getting a new LU put on

RUGER

2-Step Enabled
TTT

Just some FYI, the 35 catman has runs like a sewing machine.
Hit the key and it is running before you can get your hand off the key.

sjpierce

i have a 20 hp johnson short shaft and i am looking for a 35 hp long shaft. my number is 931-607-2659 please call if interested in trade.