Meatloaf

DayDay

2-Step Enabled
I've only made this with ground deer. My wife made really good meatloaf but I can't find the recipe she used.

1-1/2 pounds ground beef

1 egg

1 onion, chopped

1 cup milk

1 cup dried bread crumbs

Salt and pepper to taste

2 tablespoons brown sugar

2 tablespoons yellow mustard

1/2 cup ketchup AND 1/3 cup ketchup (1/2 cup for topping; 1/3 cup to mix in meatloaf)

1/3 cup BBQ sauce

Worcestershire Sauce

• Preheat oven to 350 F
  • In a large bowl, combine the beef, egg, onion, milk, bread crumbs, 1/3 cup ketchup, and BBQ sauce. Season with salt and pepper and add several shakes of Worcestershire sauce. Mix together with hands.
  • Add the meatloaf to a lightly greased 5x9 inch loaf pan.
  • In a separate small bowl, combine brown sugar, mustard, and 1/2 cup ketchup. Mix well and pour over the meatloaf.
  • Bake at 350 F for 1 hour

I have a mini-food processor that chops the onion up fairly fine. I don't like big chunks of onion and this does well for me and they cook completely.

mike243

We add a jar of salsa/med/hot , bread crumbs eggs some bacon on top, love it smoked but baked is good too, traditional calls for green bell peppers but they can be bitter, red/yellow are much better chopped fine and added

Rabbitkil

This is my wife's meatloaf. I like it. Of course your mileage may vary… Also I did laugh a bit when I saw this was about real meatloaf, not the singer "Meatloaf"—revealing my age a bit. :) View attachment 138488

Wife made this one tonight, it turned out good and a definite step in a right direction from where she was.. plan on trying a couple more of these recipes in the near future

Speedwell-Hunter

Anyone have a good meatloaf recipe? My bride keeps trying different recipes she finds online and let's just say … Help me! I'm tired of eating bad meatloaf i don't know where she's finding these recipe but they are not good at all and she follows the directions to the T
Yes

Mine is from all recipes:

Kahrman

Try making your meatloaf like a pineapple upside down cake. I started using this method a while ago and really like it.
Take your loaf pan and pack the bottom with brown sugar. I then put a mixture of ketchup and sriracha in and then add the meat loaf mixture. Once it is done put a sheetpan upside down over the loaf pan and flip it over. The brown sugar and ketchup/sriracha mixture combine to make a sticky sweet and spicy glaze that coats the meat great.

Kahrman

39F3290C-778A-4D5E-AD33-91693032BF9F.jpeg

bobbuck

Made some tonight.

1# ground beef(leaner the better I actually prefer deer meat just did not have any)
1/2 red onion chopped
1/4 green pepper chopped
Can rotel drained
About 4oz tomato sauce(save the rest for the topping)
1 egg
Splash worstershire sauce
Splash soy sauce
Pepper
Tony's cajun seasoning
I used seasoned bread crumbs probably cup or so but I normally use saltines crushed up just did not have any

Work everything together by hand and add bread crumbs as needed to make loaf.
Put in greased loaf panel

Topping

Use 2 tbs tomato sauce and added 2 tbs ketchup, 2 tbs mustard, splash worstershire sauce and some honey or brown sugar mix up and spread over loaf

Bake at 350 for 1:45 then turn off oven and leave in with door cracked for another 45 minutes

Attachments

• C04B54EA-2FC0-485D-BBE9-1AF63C08F319.jpeg
    C04B54EA-2FC0-485D-BBE9-1AF63C08F319.jpeg
    306.1 KB · Views: 35
  • 152DFCF5-B92A-484C-8422-35BBA2BBB9B3.jpeg
    152DFCF5-B92A-484C-8422-35BBA2BBB9B3.jpeg
    340.6 KB · Views: 30

Steverino

This was Finnish Grandma's recipe for two meatloaves

1- pound ground beef - I use high end grass fed preferably ALABAMA ground beef at Publix. Expensive but I get two loaves out of it. Worth every penny.

1 egg

1/2 onion, chopped

1/2 to 1 cup milk depending on dryness - we go for moist

1/2 - 3/4 cup Italian bread crumbs

1 chopped slice of white bread (I just pull it into pieces)

Some thick chunks of mozzarella cheese for the center

I make 2 brick shaped loaves in a large pyrex baking dish - start by flattening them out
then wrap the sides and back of the loaf around and over the cheese so its not visible (it will be when it melts).

Into the oven at 350 for an hour.

Occasionally I'll sprinkle some Frenches or other brand fried onions on top.

Grandma used Ketchup on top but we use the onions or more mozz instead.

Now I know what to make for supper tomorrow night LOL.

backyardtndeer

Been quite a while since my wife or i have made meatloaf. We usually use half ground deer and half ground sirloin, a lb of each. Several recipes above are similar to what we use. Off the top of my head without asking my wife or looking for the recipe:
2 eggs
Half cup bread crumbs
Tbsp worcestershire sauce
Lipton beefy onion soup mix, I prefer real onion but admit the packet is quicker and easier
Tomato sauce

Had never used mozzarella, but going to have to give that a try now.

Sometimes we use ketchup glaze, and other times go with brown gravy, good either way.

Latest posts