Mathews DXT???

bobthebowhunter

TN Larry said:
Any other complaints? I have a buddy at work that is comparing bows right now. He shot a DXT a few weeks ago at a dealer and liked it. He had heard that due to it being a small bow that the "forgiveness" during the shot was not as good as some and some people were having problems getting the bow tuned properly. He did say that it was super smooth shooting to him. He is weighing all of his options and going to shoot more brands before buying one sometime in the next few months.

In genral all bows that have a short ATA are less forgiving than bows with a longer ATA.

Radar

bobthebowhunter said:
TN Larry said:
Any other complaints? I have a buddy at work that is comparing bows right now. He shot a DXT a few weeks ago at a dealer and liked it. He had heard that due to it being a small bow that the "forgiveness" during the shot was not as good as some and some people were having problems getting the bow tuned properly. He did say that it was super smooth shooting to him. He is weighing all of his options and going to shoot more brands before buying one sometime in the next few months.

In genral all bows that have a short ATA are less forgiving than bows with a longer ATA.
Not always . There are several factors that contribute to the forgiveness of a bow . ATA , brace height , cam design ,riser design , grip , all contribute to the forgiveness of a bow . A short ATA bow with a generous brace height can be more forgiving than a longer bow with a short brace height .

bobthebowhunter

Radar said:
bobthebowhunter said:
TN Larry said:

Not always . There are several factors that contribute to the forgiveness of a bow . ATA , brace height , cam design ,riser design , grip , all contribute to the forgiveness of a bow . A short ATA bow with a generous brace height can be more forgiving than a longer bow with a short brace height .

I find that the longer ata bows are much easier to hold steady than shorter bows. Making them more forgiving. Maybe that is why alot target shooters including myself perfer the a long ata. Maybe it is just the over all weight. but there again I aparently have no idea what I am talking about.

Latest posts