Mathews DXT???

LCU

I went to the dealer to buy a DXT.
It's a great bow IMO,and I liked the shorter ATA.

For some reason, I just felt more a little more comfortable shooting the Drenalin,and decided to buy one. Even with a longer ATA, the slim limbs make it a good size and weight hunting bow.

Would be happy with the DXT also,and a lot of Mathews shooters love it. Check out the mathews.com forum, for a lot of feedback from owners.
With the new bows out now, it might be a good time to find a deal on a DXT. Am considering it for my back-up bow. I don;t want to take a trip without 2 bows in case I have a problem in the field.

LCU

For hunting, buy the DXT. No way you are not going to be glad you did. What is your DL?

JayMc

If you have a long draw length you might find that the peep is too far from your eye. The short ATA makes a very sharp string angle. You probably need to shoot with a loop if you're shooting the DXT (I say probably b/c somebody or their cousin shoots off the string with success and as sure as I say you need to use a loop they'll argue :D ).

The DXT has a similar "feel" through the draw and after the shot to me as a Drenalin without the stability of the longer ATA bow. Even at a 26.5" DL I disliked the string angle. Also, at that short ATA I have a tendency to add more vertical torque...that's my flaw, not the bow's. I didn't buy one nor have I shot one enough to call my conclusions absolute, but that was what I thought of it.

It's a great bow for some, just not for me. My favorite bow is 37" ATA though so it's obviously all about preference.

LCU

Bow grips are like releases. Find one that fits you best. It's a custom feel and fit issue.

Changing strings is necessary on every bow. Choose the string that fits your shooting best.

Don't pass up one of the best bows in the world for these replacable items.

Radar

The fit and feel of a grip and draw cycle of the bow are the two most important aspects of choosing a bow . The best bow for each individual is the one that fits and feels good in the hand without replacement with an aftermarket grip .

String creep is also an issue that affects tuning and draw length . I like to have a string made of 452X to reduce string creep .

LCU

Choose an efficient bow.
An efficient bow will give a smooth draw without giving up kinetic energy with little hand shock and vibration.

Grpis are a custom fit issue. I like the torquless mid.

Lot of choices in strings to get what you like to fit your DL. I shoot Worlds Best Strings.

Radar

The bottom line is to shoot a bow and decide if it's right for you . If the bow doesn't feel right for you , don't buy it .
Don't let others make that decision for you .

LCU

Not everyone is going to like a DXT or any other bow.
Huge selection of makers and bow models to chose from.

It's not all about what is on TV.

LCU

I do think aftermarket grips are a good idea for a custom fit on a bow.

I like the golf clubs I have,and the grips are OK.
But,because of all the other makers,and grip types, I changed them. I don't choose my clubs based upon the grips.

Crow Terminator

It had a little bit of a recoil jump during the shot but I've BY FAR shot worse. You'd get use to it. The thing now is, if you're fast and keep a keen eye, you can get them for pretty decent prices on ArcheryTalk.

LCU

I stayed on Archery talk for 3 weeks solid looking for a bow with the DL I needed. You do have to get on a deal quickly. They move a lot of bows on that website every day.
I found several people who buy the newest model bow every year,and sell the one they own on AT. They lose money,but don't seem to care.

All of the bows and equipment was selling at much lower prices than Ebay and Craigs list. I gave up on finding a deal there.

Crow Terminator

Yeah and one other thing with AT, is the wide range of prices that the dealers across the US sell bows at. Down here in the south, our dealers are lower priced on bows than our northern counterparts. Down here you might find a new DXT for like $650 (just an example price made up out of my head) while at a dealer up north or in the midwest, the same bow would run a man $775. So when folks come to one website to try and sell things used...well they are just going by what they gave for it. You can run into some really good deals on there but patience is the key in waiting on the right price...then throwing the patience away and pouncing on it when you see what you're waiting on.

When I was buying two new bows a year I wasn't losing any money at all when I'd sell them used on there. Using the above price as an example again...I could have paid $650 for a new bow, shot it a season, then listed it for $650-$675 and those yankees that in their neck of the woods the bow is still selling for $775...man they jump on those deals and never bat an eye. So it kind of works both ways on there...ya just gotta know what you want and how much you wanna pay.

LCU

I searched the net for a new T5.
Could not find anyone but Mathews dealers selling them.

When I first picked one up and saw the pricetag on the box,I thought the shop made a mistake. It was no mistake.

I bought it,and it's a great quiver,and I would not want any other one on my bow,but it is overpriced.

By net weight, it may be as expensive as 14K gold.
Really.

TN Larry

Any other complaints? I have a buddy at work that is comparing bows right now. He shot a DXT a few weeks ago at a dealer and liked it. He had heard that due to it being a small bow that the "forgiveness" during the shot was not as good as some and some people were having problems getting the bow tuned properly. He did say that it was super smooth shooting to him. He is weighing all of his options and going to shoot more brands before buying one sometime in the next few months.

Latest posts