Mass and age

megalomaniac

On my farms in TN, never.

I think large pedicle size (not counting injured/deformed pedicles) is one of the greatest correlating factors with age.

But while large pedicles almost always correlates with older deer, small pedicles do not necessarily correlate with younger deer.

But there are genetic anomalies, so it isn't impossible for a middle aged buck to have insane mass. Heck, look at what.the deer farmers have accomplished... 1.5yos with 5.5in bases!

For the client, do 1 of 2 things... if he is high scoring (150 plus, depends on clients expectations), put him on the kill list and check his jawbone. If he isn't a super high scoring deer, put him on the do not kill list and see what he becomes next year.

BSK

For the client, do 1 of 2 things... if he is high scoring (150 plus, depends on clients expectations), put him on the kill list and check his jawbone. If he isn't a super high scoring deer, put him on the do not kill list and see what he becomes next year.
He's on the kill list. I want to see that jawbone.

74MOPAR

Not much mass but an incredible deer my son killed a few years ago. I thought he was 3.5. I wish we would have had his jawbone aged. One man could put him in the truck.
IMG_6935.jpeg
IMG_6938.png
IMG_6936.png

Latest posts